GIPHY Capture is the best way to create GIFs on your Mac. This free app is simple, powerful, and easy enough for pretty much anyone.
• Create your GIF with just a couple clicks.
• Click to start, click to stop!
• Capture GIFs up to 30 seconds long.
• *new* Capture live! Just click to grab the last 30 seconds of video.
• Super simple editing lets you get creative, fast.
• Pick which kind of loop you like best.
• Adjust the frame rate to your liking.
- Animated captions: add them, style them, animate them!
• Preview the file size of your GIF before saving.
QUICKLY SAVE & SHARE
• Email your friends your favorite videos as GIFs.
• Or just save it for later!
SIMPLE UPLOAD TO GIPHY
• Hold onto your favorite GIF creations forever.
• Easily access them whenever you want.
• Share your GIFs on Facebook, Tweet them to Twitter, or send them in Facebook Messenger.
Have any Questions? Comments? Issues? Visit GIPHY.com for more info or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
This releases fixes a bug where some users may have had toruble uploading their GIFs to GIPHY.
Ratings and Reviews
Instantly capture, edit, and share your fun GIFs.
Worked first time!
As others have said, it just worked. Mostly intuitive interface; I was able to capture what I wanted and it just worked!
Easy to use, but a little too minimal
Very simple, straightforward, and nice to be able to trim the resulting gifs. Great work! But like so many other apps today, it seems like it's missing options for the sake of minimalism.
The biggest issue IMO is the lack of adaptive palette. Even if I GIF-ify a very simple image consisting of only 5 or 6 colors, the GIF output looks off-color, like it's using the "web-safe" palette?
Would also be very nice to have "other" options for pixel size and framerate so we can type in values instead of being constrained to 4 options.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.