This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for USD $3.49 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and you will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time after purchase from your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
If anyone ever wondered whether people actually use Messages apps, the answer is a resounding HECK YES, as demonstrated by the sheer number of emails, tweets, and carrier pigeons dispatched to let me know that it wasn't working.
- The order of operations somehow got mixed up when loading the Messages app, which… well… broke the Messages app, and stopped it from loading entirely. Not an ideal situation, but totally resolved now, so you can get back to sending those GIFs you had all pent up.
- The import menu found in the upper left corner of the Library was crashing on iOS 10. Turns out disabling the iCloud entitlements entirely was a bad move, so I've gone for a middle-ground solution, and voilà! It works again!
As always, comments, complaints and support requests can be sent via email to email@example.com, or you can drop a line to @gifwrapped on Twitter. I'm here to help!
Ratings and Reviews
I paid full price for crashes.
When this app works, it’s great. Easy access to all of my gifs for sharing on social media. But when the app crashes, only a reboot of my phone will fix it and this is unacceptable.
Also (and this is a personal opinion), Dropbox sync is garbage. I have never had a good experience with Dropbox sync. iCloud sync has always worked better for me. I bought this app as it was highly recommended for this sort of thing and it is great when it works. But when it crashes (which happens every couple of days or so), having to reboot my phone every time to fix it is unacceptable.
Developer Response ,
I'm not sure why you're needing to reboot your phone; that's a serious issue! I'll take another look at my crash logs to try and figure out the issue you're having… please feel free to email me any details you can (even just some details about your library might be helpful), and I'll be glad to help out!
I like it
I really like using this app as a dedicated gif library/search tool rather than trying to use a keyboard gif. I am having a strange problem where search results do not load any gifs when I am connected to my WiFi network. I think this issue definitely has something to do with my network, as I had just set up a new system and had not had a problem with gifwrapped on WiFi before. (It is a Linksys Velop setup.)
Developer Response ,
GIFwrapped uses the same networking stuff used by many other apps on iOS, so I honestly have no idea why or how this would happen… or even if there's anything I can do differently to resolve it. Best I can do is give my code another once over and make sure there's nothing blocking the requests.
If You’re Here, You’ve Found What You Were Looking For
This is my favorite app. I have more expensive apps, and more powerful apps but this one, boy howdy. If you love gifs - I mean really love gifs -- if gif game is your thing, this app is like the high altitude training that takes your game from 98 to 100%.
In all seriousness, its the perfect app for someone who wants gifs stored neatly and outside of their usual camera roll. search functionality is outstanding. Every aspect of this niche little sucker is polished and cared for. Not many apps that are this particularly tailored and yet so magnificently implemented.
This is one of those apps where the free version is so perfect, there is no need to pay for the IAPs - but you do anyways and gladly because it’s just so darn GREAT.
Please never leave me, gifwrapped. I’d be nothing without you.
- Daniel Farrelly
- 50.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- All the Things $9.99
- GIFwrapped Premium $3.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.