By Daniel Farrelly
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs from your Photo Library. I mean, if all else fails, you can always save images to your Photo library. But to give them the opportunity to fully shine, import them using the Photos tab, so you can be enthralled by their animations for hours!
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards! There's a lot of sad people out there, you know.
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Support requests and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, talk to @gifwrapped on Twitter, or write a review here on the App Store. Or you can send a note attached to your trained chicken. Can you train chickens? I figure someone probably has.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
Nothing brings the bugs out of the woodwork quite like a new *SQUISH* major version. Fortunately I have my handy-dandy can of bug spray at the ready, and have been pouncing on *SPLAT* issues left and right as they came in. Thanks to everyone who reported 'em to me, always a *CRUNCH* big help.
No real-world bugs were harmed during the making of this update, creepy as they are. Just the software kind.
- After discovering that there's a minor bug in iOS 10.3 when using a ProMotion display—causing the GIFs to play at half speed—I went whole hog and opted into the increased screen refresh rate as a workaround, allowing GIFs to play at regular speed again. HUZZAH
- Twitter GIFs wouldn't load correctly if the URL for the image itself had underscores (which didn't come up in my original testing, but is a thing apparently). This affected quite a few GIFs, but it should be golden now that I've tweaked the code doing the parsing.
- The GIF preview screen was showing weird gobble-de-g**k if image loading failed, instead of an actual sentence that had any meaning to people who aren't me. Rather than sticking a babel fish in everyones' ears (eyes?), I simply made sure it was displaying the right text and like magic, everyone can read 'em again.
- Because of the way Twitter displays threads of multiple tweets, the image loaded by GIFwrapped could be the wrong one when trying to save a Twitter GIF to your library. Rather than guessing, GIFwrapped will just show them all in the Search tab's results.
- The share extension wouldn't behave in a particularly useful way if there were multiple GIFs to load from a single URL (which isn't supported… yet). I've adjusted the text, and added a handy button to copy the relevant URL to the clipboard so you can drop it in the Search tab instead.
If you want to get in touch to report problems, ask questions, or share secrets, you can email email@example.com, or tweet @gifwrapped, and help will be just around the corner. If you're in a particularly giving mood, leaving a review makes a huge difference to my self-esteem, and to people still trying to figure out if GIFwrapped is worth their time. Thanks in advance!
I love this app very much
Being able to store and use GIFs I find and steal in iMessage and elsewhere is brilliant and the app keeps getting better!
A great app that gets even better
The developer it's on top of things, thus this great app gets even better with every update.
This is the one
GIF keyboard using your own GIF library. Need I say more? Syncs with Dropbox so you can add GIFs from any of your computers. This is money
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 42.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel Farrelly
- © 2017 Daniel Farrelly
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99
- All the Things$5.99
- Superpowered Search$1.99
- Detailed File Information$1.99