Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for USD $3.49 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and you will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time after purchase from your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
I know it's been a while… at least a couple of the bugs this release hopes to address have been causing people grief for a few weeks while I did my best to get to them, so maybe now is a good time to mention that the GIFwrapped Premium subscription is what helps me be able to dedicate time to fixing bugs and building features.
Without my subscribers, I am but a code monkey out of time. This release can happen thanks to YOU.
- An oversight in the sync code was causing images to be deleted when the Library's contents was plastered over the top, causing a handful of people to lose their hard-earned collections (I'm really sorry for this, please get in touch if you haven't already). Some changes to the sync logic should ensure that this doesn't happen again, but if it does, I've put other measures in place to allow the lost items to be recovered via iTunes File Sharing.
- Under certain conditions, renaming files could cause duplicates to appear in the library unwittingly. As it turns out, it's because after the change was pushed to the server, the local copy wasn't updated, and things would go downhill from there so very quickly. A quick tweak to ensure the change was properly saved, and things should be much better now.
- When renaming an image, Dropbox would unnecessarily clear it from the cache and download it all over again… not an ideal scenario. I fixed a couple of places where the current revision wasn't being updated, which had it sorted it out pretty quickly. Maybe… too quickly?
- There was a crash in the Search tab that was slowly getting worse with each new release, and it had me entirely stumped. When it finally happened to me while I was working on a separate bug, I was able to properly investigate. This allowed me to find a potential cause, and hopefully sort it out once and for all.
- There was a minor issue blocking file recovery from happening when it was manually triggered. I resolved the issue, and made it so that opening the iTunes File Sharing option in the import menu causes recovery to be run automatically, which is actually kinda handy.
If you're having issues, want to share an idea, or just want to gush about how GIFwrapped sparks joy for you, don't hesitate to reach out! You can catch me by emailing email@example.com, or over on Twitter: @gifwrapped. I'm here to help where I can!
Ratings and Reviews
I paid full price for crashes.
When this app works, it’s great. Easy access to all of my gifs for sharing on social media. But when the app crashes, only a reboot of my phone will fix it and this is unacceptable.
Also (and this is a personal opinion), Dropbox sync is garbage. I have never had a good experience with Dropbox sync. iCloud sync has always worked better for me. I bought this app as it was highly recommended for this sort of thing and it is great when it works. But when it crashes (which happens every couple of days or so), having to reboot my phone every time to fix it is unacceptable.
Developer Response ,
I'm not sure why you're needing to reboot your phone; that's a serious issue! I'll take another look at my crash logs to try and figure out the issue you're having… please feel free to email me any details you can (even just some details about your library might be helpful), and I'll be glad to help out!
I like it
I really like using this app as a dedicated gif library/search tool rather than trying to use a keyboard gif. I am having a strange problem where search results do not load any gifs when I am connected to my WiFi network. I think this issue definitely has something to do with my network, as I had just set up a new system and had not had a problem with gifwrapped on WiFi before. (It is a Linksys Velop setup.)
Developer Response ,
GIFwrapped uses the same networking stuff used by many other apps on iOS, so I honestly have no idea why or how this would happen… or even if there's anything I can do differently to resolve it. Best I can do is give my code another once over and make sure there's nothing blocking the requests.
If You’re Here, You’ve Found What You Were Looking For
This is my favorite app. I have more expensive apps, and more powerful apps but this one, boy howdy. If you love gifs - I mean really love gifs -- if gif game is your thing, this app is like the high altitude training that takes your game from 98 to 100%.
In all seriousness, its the perfect app for someone who wants gifs stored neatly and outside of their usual camera roll. search functionality is outstanding. Every aspect of this niche little sucker is polished and cared for. Not many apps that are this particularly tailored and yet so magnificently implemented.
This is one of those apps where the free version is so perfect, there is no need to pay for the IAPs - but you do anyways and gladly because it’s just so darn GREAT.
Please never leave me, gifwrapped. I’d be nothing without you.
- Daniel Farrelly
- 52.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- All the Things $9.99
- GIFwrapped Premium $3.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.