Gig is instant car rental. It’s easy. $0 to sign up in 5 minutes. Find a nearby car, unlock with your phone, get in, and go! New Members get $15 off your first trip with promo code TRYGIG.
With Gig, you can pick up a car in one location and drop it off just about anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area HomeZone*.
Find a car, drive it, and leave it. Gig is wheels for whatever, whenever.
• $0 membership fee – only pay for what you use, by the mile, hour, or day.
• One-way trips – take a Gig from one place and drop it off in another.
• Flexible – no reservation needed. Take a car for as long or as little as you like.
• Drive yourself and save – you’re in control of the road, route and radio. No surge pricing.
• The whole package – parking in the HomeZone*, gas, insurance**, and roadside assistance included.
• Bring your bike – every Gig is a Toyota Prius C Hybrid with a bike rack.
• Refer friends - you both get $15 credit when they take their first trip.
Get in. Go!
For more info, visit gigcarshare.com
*Limited to approved parking spaces.
**Insurance coverage is subject to certain restrictions and limits, and may not apply or be adequate in all circumstances. See Member Agreement for more information. Promo Codes: Limited time offer. Limit one per person; only valid for first time users while supplies last. Credits must be used by date indicated in the app. Cannot be redeemed for cash.
Certain restrictions apply; please visit gigcarshare.com for more information.
Even faster sign up process to get in and go.
Bug fixes to improve bluetooth locking/unlocking to help you go further and explore more.
We’re always trying to make the Gig experience more awesome! If you have any questions or ideas don’t hesitate to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Love it. A few changes suggested.
I loved how easy it was to get a car and I hope this service succeeds and evebtually moved to where I live on the East Coast. I have a couple of small suggestions and one big one.
1. Allow a reservation to be cancelled even after the car is unlocked. We inspected one vehicle on the outside but after unlocking the car, we were overwhelmed by the smell of tobacco. We immediately cancelled the ride but were charged $2.50 which was the minimum charge ... (we drive no distance).
2. Separate the "End Reservation" and "Park and Come Back later" buttons. Each time we locked the car, we were prompted to either keep the reservation going or end the reservation. It is WAY too eay to ebd the eservation by accident. This mistake can end up costing extra since longer rentals will often hot the CAP. If I have to start a new reservation, I can theoretically end up paying the CAP twice.
3. Allow customers to unlock and start a car offline USING THEIR PHONE ONLY. While a card is issued to do his, we used the service the day after registering and did'nt yet have our card. We parked in an area with poor/no cell service and could not start the car. In the end, GIG sent a tow truck (at no charge to us, thank you) to tow us back into range of a cell signal (30 minute drive). This was great service but a terrible incovenvience.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback and suggestions. We love hearing from Members on how we can improve Gig and take all suggestions into serious consideration. That said, we are working on fixes for some of the issues you brought up so stay tuned :) Thanks again and we're glad that you enjoyed using Gig!
I’ve been a Gig user pretty consistently since July 2017. The app has been easy to use and accurate (except for Report Damage feature, which always shows yellow dots in same places all over car, and fails to allow me to note anything in blue) until approx. January 2018. NOTE: I use an iPhone 6 and monitor updates.
In the last month or so, I’ve been having pretty significant issues — like reserving a car very near me, then searching up/down block, having to call in, and being told it’s 6-25 blocks away. Or having the app “read” a car’s last location as where I dropped it off (right by my house), reserve it for me, and the car itself is over a mile away! These issues have made me late for medical appointments. Also had trouble locking the car recently, and was told the car still appears to be running; not so, and I called it in.
These recent issues are shaking my confidence, and mean that I’m calling customer service at least 1x every use. I feel badly to stress them out, but I’m stuck sometimes
We are very sorry to hear this and thank you for reporting these issue. We have upgraded the vehicle software to address the issue. Please call our Member Support team because we are here to service you and help you in anyway. Thank you for being a Gig Member.
App is usually great but not during promos
The gig car service itself is great and has totally replaced us buying a car. The problem of phantom cars and cars that don’t lock or unlock has also gone down over time.
My current annoyance is when they run a promotion like right now. The gohrram promotion screen comes up EVERYTIME you open the app regardless of whether you’ve seen it once or a million times. And gosh forbid if you click on the highlighted button rather than the close box as it’ll take you to safari where the promo screen slow loads.
This has happened about ten times over the last ten rentals. I don’t want them to end the promos but I do want them to have the app remember if you’ve already seen it.
Thanks for the update. I'll look over our promotional messaging personal and see if I can correct this. Thanks so much!
- A3 Mobility LLC
- 128.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 A3 Mobility LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.