Gimi is a pocket money app and chores manager.
The free app was created for busy families to help children and teenagers manage pocket money, grow their savings and learn how to master their personal finances, in one safe, fun place.
The mobile pocket money manager teaches kids financial education that will benefit them through life because practice makes perfect and smart money management achieves dreams!
Using Gimi, parents can set a recurring allowance along with chores for their children to complete and keep track of how they are doing. Kids can suggest tasks to top-up their weekly allowance money, send picture proof when they’ve finished them and save money towards their dreams.
Key features for parents:
- Set your children up with a recurring weekly or monthly pocket money with the allowance tracker
- Introduce them to interest rates and show them how they can impact their savings with the savings tool for kids
- Schedule household chores, monitor their completion and reward hard work using the chores manager
- Keep track of everything in one place. Schedule pocket money payments and see how much they have earned, spent and saved in real-time
Key features for kids:
- Receive a regular allowance from your parents
- Earn additional pocket money through completing jobs around the house and good behaviour
- See how much you have earned in pocket money for this week or month
- Save up for your dream buys and see how close you are to achieving them
- Connect with other family members for an additional boost to your savings
Earn, save, and spend money with Gimi, for 18 years old and below.
Bug fixes coming up!
Ratings and Reviews
Needs 1 simple fix to be 5 stars
Great app for tracking money earned for chores, interest accrual, and kids’ responsibilities. However weekly chores that I spend 10 minutes creating are deleted after payday. I can’t waste spending 20 minutes each week to create chores over and over for two kids. PLEASE KEEP RECURRING CHORES IN THE CHILD’S CHORE LIST!
Also, there needs to be a batch approval option. Approving each chore one by one isn’t efficient. When each chore is approved the app gives me. Notification that I just approved the chore - even though it is already removed from the list of chores to approve. This becomes tedious and annoying.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Recurring chores should def stay, so there has to be something wrong. Could you please write an email to us, so that we can investigate and help you? Email us at email@example.com!
Great app. Has helped me learn to save my money until I have enough to buy what I really want instead of buying something every time I have money. Had a little bit of difficulty with chores at first but eventually got them to work out. I recommend this to parents looking for a easy way to do chores without having to worry about payday and all that.
I really wanted to like this app
I’ve been looking for an app to help teach my kids about money and work. I was so excited about this app. Setup was fairly easy, features were just what I was looking for. Once setup was complete however, everything went south quickly. Child couldn’t complete chores. Days are 1 day ahead, so if you schedule a chore for Tuesday, it places it on Wednesday and then displays the following days chores under the “todays chores” section. It’s totally bizarre and unusable. Once these bugs are fixed it’s a solid 4 Star app.
- Gimi AB
- 137.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Gimi® AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.