GIPHY Capture. The GIF Maker
By Giphy, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
GIPHY Capture is the best way to create GIFs on your Mac. The free app is simple, powerful, and easy enough for pretty much anyone.
• Create your GIF with just a couple clicks.
• Click to start, click to stop!
• Capture GIFs up to 30 seconds long.
• Super simple editing lets you get creative, fast.
• Pick which kind of loop you like best.
• Adjust the frame rate to your liking.
• Even add captions!
• Preview the file size of your GIF before saving.
QUICKLY SAVE & SHARE
• Email your friends your favorite videos as GIFs.
• Or just save it for later!
SIMPLE UPLOAD TO GIPHY
• Hold onto your favorite GIF creations forever.
• Easily access them whenever you want.
• Share your GIFs on Facebook, Tweet them to Twitter, or send them in Facebook Messenger.
Have any Questions? Comments? Issues? Visit GIPHY.com for more info or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What's New in Version 2.4
Misc. bug fixes including issue where capture window will only resize to odd-numbered dimensions.
Best GIF creation tool ever
I have been using GIPHY Capture for years now in fact I think since it was relessed and I have yet to find a better application for GIF capturing. What it does is allows you to record a gif from capturing it from your computer screena and then you get the option to fine tune it, trim it down so the gif plays properly, and the ping pong option. The ping pong option means the gif will play forwards and then backwards. This is a great app because you can pick the size of the gif you want to save as and the app let’s you know the file size before you save it. Also a tip, if you leave the application open it will store the recent gifs you created util you close it. 5 star app works flawlessly and it’s the only tool I use for creating my gifs.
The Best Gif Creation Solution for Me
I’ve been using this for months & it’s my go-to app for creating GIFS. The user interface is sleek & very functional. I love how you can trim clips, download your GIFS in different resolutions & sizes, immediately upload the GIF to GIPHY for those quick one off GIFS you don’t care about and just want to share a quick link with someone. I really haven’t had problems with this app.
Would be 10x better with clipboard and/or share functionality
It’s nice, but it would be great if there was the ability to just drop the recording onto the clipboard, or even share it via Slack/email/whatever without having to save, manually upload and manually delete the saved file.