By Garafa, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Premier field collection and data viewer for iPhone and iPad.
- No desktop GIS software required.
- No prior GIS training required.
- Completely offline capable.
- Cache (download) open source topographic maps, street maps and satellite imagery straight from device.
- Import ESRI Shapefiles and KML/KMZ files including attributes.
- Attribute fields include: Alphanumeric (Description), Photos, numerical values, user defined list of values, addresses, websites, date & time, telephone number, check box.
- Easily collect new point, line, and polygon features in the field by GPS or drawing manually.
- Enter attribute values for each feature and/or add new attribute types at time of collection.
- Create templates of user defined feature classes with custom attributes.
- Comes loaded with numerous example feature templates for professional use in Forestry, Wetland Delineation, Stream Surveys, and Real Estate.
- Import and export data wirelessly by email. Larger data sets can be imported/exported by connecting to any computer with itunes.
- Organize by projects and layers
- Best-in-class performance.
Check our website to see videos, documentation and more information about the "Pro" version. Please note that all the features of the GIS Pro version (such as Shapefile export) are available through in-app purchase in this app as well.
Please note that a separate license is required for each user or each device that is used by multiple users. See http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html for details. Also see http://www.apple.com/business/vpp for information on purchasing in volume.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.18
Bug fixes for importing and exporting files.
My go-to GIS app for several years now. Switched from wolfgis and never looked back
Worth every penny. No subscription fees. Switched to this from wolfgis pro a long time ago and I'm never going back. I can't understand what everybody's problem is with this app. It's been my go to GIS app for over three years now and I haven't found anything comparable.
Still crashes all the time
I love this app. But I am losing my patience with the stability issues that started after the release of iOS 8. The recent updates fixed some of the issues, but it still crashes way too much to warrant the cost. With iOS 9 coming out I am starting to doubt this app will ever be as good as it used to be. All that would require is fixing stability problems, but he developers are incredibly slow to fixing these issues.
It is a super powerful app with tons of great features. Sadly it crashes from time to time. I find that if I close everything else it runs just fine 99.9% of the time. I do hope for further updates for the semi-pro GIS app. I use it regularly and would likely be lost without it.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 3.18
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Garafa, LLC
- © 2014 Garafa, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GIS Pro Upgrade$199.99