Premier field collection and data viewer for iPhone and iPad.
- No desktop GIS software required.
- No prior GIS training required.
- Completely offline capable.
- Cache (download) open source topographic maps, street maps and satellite imagery straight from device.
- Import ESRI Shapefiles and KML/KMZ files including attributes.
- Attribute fields include: Alphanumeric (Description), Photos, numerical values, user defined list of values, addresses, websites, date & time, telephone number, check box.
- Easily collect new point, line, and polygon features in the field by GPS or drawing manually.
- Enter attribute values for each feature and/or add new attribute types at time of collection.
- Create templates of user defined feature classes with custom attributes.
- Comes loaded with numerous example feature templates for professional use in Forestry, Wetland Delineation, Stream Surveys, and Real Estate.
- Import and export data wirelessly by email. Larger data sets can be imported/exported by connecting to any computer with itunes.
- Organize by projects and layers
- Best-in-class performance.
Check our website to see videos, documentation and more information about the "Pro" version. Please note that all the features of the GIS Pro version (such as Shapefile export) are available through in-app purchase in this app as well.
Please note that a separate license is required for each user or each device that is used by multiple users. See http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html for details. Also see http://www.apple.com/business/vpp for information on purchasing in volume.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
By far, the best mobile GIS!
I have been using this app since 2013. It was my first mobile GIS app. Over time, I venture onto the other side of fence with virtually every other available mobile GIS app. Here’s what’s unique about GIS Kit:
• Caches ortho-photo maps with a great number of choices
• Allows easy customization for a particular project
• You can have a number of projects, each remaining uniquely separate
• Very reasonable cost, nothing’s hidden; you get the base program with all the bells and whistles for under $100
• I have not found an app anywhere, but here, that EXPORTS Shape files! (Pro version) Well worth the extra $$ if you need that functionality.
Although there was a lag in updating this app and it tended to crash (frustrating), it was STILL worth the hassle! Not the team is back to raising the bar. They recently stabilized the crashing issue and are working on a major upgrade.
Hands down, this is the best mobile GIS app available.
This program is a scam, shuts down when u try and change back ground and no way to contact tech support for help or problem solving, stay away!
Could be Better
This App has its issues and could be much better. The best GIS App on the market is WolfGIS. Used it for 3 years with no issues.
- Garafa, LLC
- 17.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Garafa, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GIS Pro Upgrade $199.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.