By Garafa, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Premier field collection and data viewer for iPhone and iPad.
GIS Pro is the enterprise version of a two part app suite for mobile GIS users. GIS Kit ($99) is geared toward individual users whereas GIS Pro ($299) is capable of some more advanced, collaborative features that are typical of an enterprise environment (see list below).
FEATURES IN GIS KIT & GIS PRO
- No desktop GIS software required.
- No prior GIS training required.
- Completely offline capable.
- Cache (download) open source topographic maps, street maps and satellite imagery straight from device.
- Import ESRI Shapefiles and KML/KMZ files including attributes.
- Attribute/form fields include: Alphanumeric (Description), Photos, numerical values, user defined list of values, addresses, websites, date & time, telephone number, check box.
- Easily collect new point, line, and polygon features in the field by GPS or drawing manually.
- Enter attribute values for each feature and/or add new attribute types at time of collection.
- Create templates of user defined feature classes with custom attributes.
- Comes loaded with numerous example feature templates for professional use in Forestry, Wetland Delineation, Stream Surveys, and Real Estate.
- Import and export data wirelessly by email. Larger data sets can be imported/exported by connecting to any computer with itunes.
- Filter the GPS based data collection by controlling the amount of GPS points by distance, time or accuracy
- Organize by projects and layers
- Best-in-class performance. Tested on iPad 2 with over 1 million point features!
FEATURES ONLY IN GIS PRO
- Raster imagery import & export (GeoTIFF, Worldfile, KML, and even non-spatially referenced images can be imported with in-app 3-point registration)
- Export Shapefiles and CSV files via email or USB with iTunes
- Export, share, and import custom feature class templates with other devices used by your team so there are no conflicts with your features and their attributes.
- Basic WMS for additional basemap options
- Easily convert Shapefiles to KMZ files and vice versa
Documentation and videos can be found using the support link.
Please note that a separate license is required for each user or each device that is used by multiple users. See http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html for details. Also see http://www.apple.com/business/vpp for information on purchasing in volume.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.21
- Fixed major crash issue introduced in last release
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 24, 2017
- Version: 3.21
- Size: 29.2 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Garafa, LLC
- © 2014 Garafa, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.