Gist provides you with a simple summary, or "gist", of all of your news articles. Just select an article or connect your Pocket account and start summarizing!
** Featured in Forbes, The Huffington Post, BGR, TUAW, Lifehacker, iMore, AppAdvice, iDownloadBlog and more! **
"Gist is probably one of the best looking news apps I've seen in a while... it still earns a spot on my iPhone for when I want to catch up on news quickly." —Allyson Kazmucha, iMore
"There are a number of different apps and services that look to provide readers with bite-sized news, and my favorite option right now is Gist." —Zach Epstein, BGR
• Simple and clean interface
• Turn long articles into manageable, 5-sentence summaries with just a tap
• Universal app with support for both iPhone & iPad
• Use the "Summarize with Gist" Action Extension to summarize articles from anywhere
• Connect your Pocket account to access all of your saved articles
• Summarize custom articles using the article's URL or text
• Multitask using Slide Over and Split View on your iPad
• Pre-loaded feeds of popular news on a variety of topics
• Full accessibility support for Dynamic Type in iOS
• Easily share summaries and articles using your favorite apps (Evernote, Pocket, Social Media, etc.) via the iOS Share Sheet
What's new in Gist v4.0:
• iPad Slide Over and Split View multitasking
• Use 3D Touch to "peek" & "pop" article summaries
• Gist now shows a photo along with each summary (when available)
• Safari View Controller is now used when viewing full articles
• iPhone X Support
• iPad Pro Support
• iOS 11 Support
• Other minor changes and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good start... But needs improvement
Off to a great start and a great concept. I have tons of articles saved to pocket that I always forget about or just dont get around to. Gist summarizes the articles from my pocket but not very well. However it picks out the summary needs work, sometimes it is random quotes and doesn't even make sense. Would also like to see a night theme, or just themes in general
Biased reporting only
I’m sick to death of Gist mostly returning Washington Post, NY Times, and other liberal biased articles. Click bait after click bait sensationalized reporting citing only ‘anonymous sources’ or ‘high ranking official’ no names for their continued personal attacks on our president. I would prefer to have a balance of media outlets returned with articles more centered on policy reporting and national security then just hate after hate. I’m looking for another app that gives me control over the media outlets to receive news from.
I like to know what's going on!
After Breaking News died, I searched around for a replacement. Nothing is the same, so I now I use several, Gist being one. I like that I can go to a longer article a read more. I would like more wide-ranging news though.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.