GitdenReader is the best eBook Reader which is easy to use with a good intuitive user interface and supports not only EPUB 2 spec standard but also EPUB 3 at the highest levels.
1. Supports EPUB 3.0 standard most faithfully
- Reflowable book and fixed layout book
- Media Overlay not only in fixed layout book but also in reflowable book
- MathML(math equation) and SVG embedded in epub file properly
- 99% of MathML 3.0 with embedded MathJax library
- RTL (Right To Left) vertical writing (You can easily read EPUB3.0 ebooks in Japanese)
- RTL for Arabic and Hebrew languages (You can easily read EPUB3.0 ebooks in Arabic and Hebrew)
2. Essential features for comfortable reading
- Read with the font embedded in an .epub file. (Gitden Reader is going to support for adding user’s font and using it in a reflowable book)
- Tap footnote link in a body text, it will be shown in pop-up window.
- Go back to the previous page easily since there appears “Back to p.#” when you tap a link in a body text or in the list page. Even if you make a wrong move, you can go back by tapping “Back to p.#” without any trouble
- Export highlights or notes to a text file
- Zoom in an image or a table in a body text by double tapping
- DRM is embedded in Gitden Reader, thus an unauthorized user cannot open an .epub file
- 3D touch
- Import .epub files and text files using Open In or iTunes Files Sharing
- Read aloud (TTS)
3. Easy to use with intuitive interface
- Adjust your reading experience by tapping [aA] icon : Change 1) font, 2) font size, 3) line spacing in narrow, normal and wide, 4) paragraph alignment. Sellect 5) single or dual page view, 6) view by the page or scroll view which shows in rows, 7) day(white, sepia) or night(black) background theme.
- Search text, put a bookmark, share selected parts of content/ highlight/ memo on SNS and search dictionary, etc.
- Highlight in 6 colors, underline, strikethrough and insert/ edit memos
- Lock the screen orientation
- Automatic hyphenation in English
- Turn on/off paper curling effect when turning pages
Fixed Media Overlay issue in reflowable book.
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice free app
Very nice free ePub reader, does exactly what it says. Kudos to the developer(s).
On a side note, in the book list view, the book title label isn't tall enough and the bottom part of letters like g and y get cut off.
Just what I needed!
Looked all over app store for something like this! Fast and responsive, let’s you highlight, notate, copy, and supports XML hyperlinks
This is the only ebook reader (with the exception of iBook) that fully supports right-to-left scripts such as Arabic, Persian and Hebrew. It can render the fonts and it also has right to left pagination.
- Gitden Inc.
- 34.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012-2015 Gitden Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.