Gladys is a drag-and-drop shelf that holds things you want to set aside, such as links, text snippets, map locations, contacts, images, photos, emails, messages and much more (even if the application that the information came from is removed)
It works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, and helps keep you focused by letting you quickly set something aside, without having to consider where it needs to be dropped, or having to constantly switch between apps.
• Works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, but also provides an extension for apps that don't yet support it, as well as the ability to paste items to & from the clipboard.
• Quickly search for items inside the app or via Spotlight. Access your top items from the home screen / Today widget, your Apple Watch, and even iMessage.
• Annotate items with notes, custom titles, and tag items with labels that allow you to easily categorise, browse, and sort your collection.
• Take your collection with you on your iPhone, and keep it updated by turning on automatic iCloud syncing.
• Invite friends to keep items from your own collection in their own collections, and, if you give permission, even collaboratively annotate and edit them.
• Import/export/merge collection archives simply by dragging.
• Ideal for bookmarking between apps: For example you can quickly return to dropped email items by selecting 'Open' in their info view, quickly share links between different browsers, or use Siri shortcuts to copy often-used items to and from your clipboard.
• Experienced users can get details on dropped items and extract or modify specific data components (e.g. extract the URL of an image link, instead of the whole item, add a new image, or edit the title).
• Power users can use Gladys' Files extension to view/edit items in-place from other apps, as well as exporting all items in a ZIP file for sharing.
• Technical users can inspect binary data using the in-built hex viewer, download items pointed to by web links, and even archive web pages.
• Contains no analytics, ratings prompts, or noise.
Gladys is free for casual use (up to 10 simultaneous items). Power users with larger libraries can expand Gladys to hold unlimited items with a 99 cent in-app-purchase.
• Stability improvements when adding or updating items.
• Corrected a visual artefact in dark mode detail view components.
• Nicer transition when opening full screen previews.
• Less elaborate animation when selecting items in edit mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Quick and easy way to manage the clipboard...works fast and recognizes URLs as a separate link...love the labeling for organization...I use this app to quickly capture things to review or read later in the day...it’s a life saver... Gladys has permanently been on my HomeScreen for the last few months now...the shortcut on the share menu I just cannot live without it...I suggest adding a dark color scheme for night time use...Thank you for creating this very useful app!
Other than the odd app name and icon, it works great for iOS 11 drag and drop on my iPads. There are 3 ways to get the data (text, photos, gifs, etc.) in: drag and drop, Share/“Keep in Gladys”, and copy/paste). It’s easy to pull out a clip, drag and drop it; the original will stay right there in case you need to use it again. Just started with the app but already can tell it’s going to increase my productivity. And what a bargain, price-wise! Highly recommend Gladys!
ORIGINAL: Not sure what the use case is for an external shelf app that doesn’t provide enhanced accessibility to files. You can’t do anything “extra” with this app—old limitations still exist.
EDIT: The developer’s response to my original concern is appropriate. I’m probably trying to place square pegs into round holes with my specific use case. Rather than rate the app one star because it doesn’t solve my needs, I am modifying the rating to the app’s current average score to avoid unfairly penalizing the developer.
Hi! Gladys has no limitations on what apps it will accept or provide data to. It's far more likely that the apps you mention do not support drag and drop, or at least not for the functionality you are trying to access. However, you can still transfer data from other apps using the share extension and the good old-fashioned cut-and-paste clipboard! Hope this helps. Also, I'm always open to suggestions and how to improve the app, just email me at the address provided in the about view.
- Pavlos Tsochantaris
- 39.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2017, 2018 Paul Tsochantaris
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Items $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.