By Pavlos Tsochantaris
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Gladys is a drag-and-drop shelf that holds things you want to set aside, such as links, text snippets, map locations, contacts, images, photos, emails, messages and much more (even if the application that the information came from is removed)
It works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, and lets you concentrate on whatever it is you are setting aside, without having to think where it needs to be dropped, or having to constantly switch between apps.
• Works with any app that supports drag-and-drop, but also provides an extension for apps that don't yet support it, as well as the ability to paste items to & from the clipboard.
• Quickly search for items inside the app or via Spotlight. Access your top items from the home screen / Today widget, your Apple Watch, and even iMessage.
• Annotate items with notes, custom titles, and tag items with labels that allow you to easily categorise, browse, and sort your collection.
• Take your collection with you on your iPhone, and keep it updated by turning on automatic iCloud syncing.
• Import/export/merge collection archives simply by dragging.
• Ideal for bookmarking between apps: For example you can quickly return to dropped email items by selecting 'Open' in their info view, or quickly share links between different browsers.
• Experienced users can get details on every item and extract specific components (e.g. extract the URL of an image link, instead of the whole item).
• Power users can use Gladys' Files extension to view/edit items in-place from other apps, as well as exporting all items in a ZIP file for sharing.
• Technical users can inspect binary data using the in-built hex viewer.
• Contains no analytics, ratings prompts, or noise.
Gladys is free for casual use (up to 10 simultaneous items). Power users with larger libraries can expand Gladys to hold unlimited items with a 99 cent in-app-purchase.
What's New in Version 1.1.8
Note: Please run Gladys once after upgrading, in order to complete the update, before using the action or Files extension.
• Ability to edit, add, or remove labels of many items at once from Edit Mode.
• iMessage extension to help directly drop items such as links, images, and PDFs directly from iMessage, although drag & drop still works best.
• Selecting the download option on web links to files will now download those files as data components instead of making a .webarchive of them.
• Ability to re-order data components inside items, to prioritise certain components for apps that base their drop behaviour on item precedence.
• Search now treats each word as a term (e.g. typing ‘Paris food’ will now search for items matching both ‘Paris’ and ‘food’, instead of items containing the phrase ‘Paris food’). To search for a phrase, use quotes (e.g. “Paris food”).
• Option to display an overlay during a drag that can temporarily switch dropping behaviour (i.e. removing vs. keeping items after a drop)
• Low-level Universal Type Identifiers (like "com.adobe.pdf") are now hidden by default in data components, in favour of their verbose description (e.g. "PDF Document"). Tapping on any data component will switch between the two display modes.
• Improved sync feedback in cases where iCloud access is temporarily paused because of traffic overload.
• Some tweaks to further minimise occasions where the file provider extension stops updating.
• Fixed: Sharing an exported Gladys item from Files.app will now have a correct filename and extension, if the type can be inferred.
• Fixed: Order of in-item data components could get mixed up in certain occasions across devices. Gladys now enforces the correct ordering.
As stated in the app description, Gladys does not spy, analyse, track, or share anything with anyone. A more verbose version of this policy is now also available here: http://www.bru.build/apps/gladys/privacy
Could this app be more awesome?
No. The answer is no.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 09, 2018
- Version: 1.1.8
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavlos Tsochantaris
- © (c) Paul Tsochantaris 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Items$0.99