Glider is a simple and versatile way to enjoy your music.
• Playback from your local iTunes library¹ or any number of connected UPnP or MPD² media servers
• Fast local searching of your entire music library across all connected sources
• Automatic selection of the highest quality source material
• Continuous playback in the background with lock screen controls, regardless of the output type
• Gapless playback between songs (where available)
• Streaming to most hardware devices including: UPnP, DLNA, Chromecast, OpenHome, Sonos, AirPlay, or to your iOS device³
• Custom playlist support across all source devices
An optional monthly tip subscription is available to those who would like to show additional support for Glider development after purchasing Unlimited Playback. Payments will be charged to your account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off from your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
1. Local library support is limited to files either purchased or synced using iTunes, or copied to your device using iTunes File Sharing. Glider cannot play files downloaded from the subscription-based Apple Music service.
2. MPD support is currently limited to Bryston, Volumio, MoOde, RuneAudio and Chord Poly devices. Please get in touch if you'd like to see your device supported.
3. Streaming formats are limited to those supported on each output device.
Chromecast is a trademark of Google Inc
• Fixes an issue with Cambridge CXN devices not continuing to play through the current queue with Glider in the background
• Applies the correct disc and track numbers when importing FLAC files through file sharing
• Crash Fixes
Glider 1.11 now has first-class support for Bryston, Volumio and MoOde MPD players! This support includes:
• Automatic discovery of your MPD player on the local network
• Automatic loading of cover art embedded directly in song files
• Support for iOS lock screen controls and cover art to control your MPD player while your iOS device is locked
• Stream music from your MPD player to any UPnP, AirPlay, Chromecast or OpenHome renderer, or directly to your iOS device
• Stream music to your MPD player from any number of UPnP media servers, or the iTunes library stored on your iOS device
• Recovery of missing metadata in WAV files
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for Poly
I’d never had to deal with DLNA until I purchased a Chord Poly + Mojo, which to my ears sounds significantly better when playing off the internal microSD card rather than streaming, like a veil has been lifted off the sound — but that requires DLNA. I wasn’t particularly excited about the apps on offer until Glider came along. I really appreciate Glider’s lovely Apple-esque aesthetics and design and the way it integrates lock-screen control on the iPhone. I started using the app early in the development process and was impressed by the developer’s commitment to improvements and the helpful and quick responses to tech support questions. There has been a learning curve for me in getting playlists to work and dealing with network issues at home and out in the world, but these are more to do with the finicky quirks of DLNA and Poly than with Glider. I’ve had best results when I’ve made sure to close any other sound-playing apps on the iPhone that are Airplay capable first and wait 20-30 seconds before opening Glider, presumably so it gets priority access to the Poly. I’m grateful to have this app and recommend it.
Missing basic functionality but it’s a very good player
The program is top quality but lacks the most basic features like repeat. It’s like buying a Porsche and finding out it’s missing turn signals. Sure you can just stick your hand out the window and give them or just change without letting others know but still it would be nice to be able to use this to listen to your favorite tune without having to hit rewind on every track you really enjoy. In my case I listen to relaxing sounds while I sleep. Now I gotta make a long playlist of the same track just to get it to do what other programs do with a single click. :(
Update: I received a email stating that the feature is coming in an update. Looking forward to seeing the change!
A repeat button is now available in the current version of Glider. Thanks again for your feedback!
This is a clever music player allowing automatic access to the highest resolution source of your songs. If you’re connected to a network with uncompressed files, Glider will play those instead of compressed files on your device (or great for streaming to a Hifi system). Has a nice UI also that makes more sense than iTunes. Library management unfortunately needs work. Syncing not reliable and the Glider library gets wonky.
Thanks for your feedback! Please send us an email at email@example.com so we can get your sync issues straightened out.
- Glider Audio LLC
- 51.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Glider Audio LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Playback $9.99
- Monthly Tip $0.99
- Small Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.