Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Glimpse: Location Aware Video
Glimpse is an entirely new way to take pictures with your iphone. The end result of a glimpse is a time lapse video complete with location data, all easily done using your iPhone. Glimpse had to be almost entirely rewritten for iOS4 so this a completely new version. People with the old version can continue using it but it will not be updated anymore.
Please see example glimpses at the glimpse website: http://www.glimpsecloud.com
Inside glimpse you decide how many photos to take, the time between each photo, and if you want GPS data to be collected. When the glimpse is finished you can play it back in the glimpse viewer. The glimpse viewer will display the images in one half of the screen and the location data on a map in the other half of the screen.
You can also upload all the glimpse information to your computer. Once you have the images and location data you can do whatever you choose to do with it. The images are clearly marked so you can create any type of media you choose.
This is just the beginning for glimpse. Many exciting features will be added in future releases. The current price is temporary and will increase as we release these new features.
- Stop motion video with location information automatically captured on you iPhone
- Option for Manual capture with onion skinning
- Image and location playback in the same viewer. Each frame matches a location so you can see exactly where you were when the image was taken
- Free use of glimpsecloud.com to upload and share glimpses.
- Time labels in the player to see when the image was taken
- First image timer to make it easy to setup for the first picture
- Desktop syncing via SyncDocs to upload a glimpse to your computer via WiFi
- Automatically let you know if you try to create a glimpse that is too large for the amount of space on your device
What's New in Version 1.1
- Bug fix for a crash due to glimpses not having location data.
works as advertised
This app did everything I wanted it to, EXCEPT when using onion skinning in landscape mode. Unfortunately it shows the onion skin in portrait mode even if you're taking photos in landscape mode. This has pretty much rendered it useless for me because I bought it to shoot photos manually with onion skin on in landscape mode. I understand most probably use this in protrait mode. So technically, I don't know if feature is broken or if it just wasn't implemented.
Dear Devs, if you could fix it so the onion skin actually displays horizontally in landscape mode, I would rate 5 stars in a heart beat.
But I won't be using this as I had hoped if this isn't implemented.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 22, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Blaine DaRonco
- © 2009 be | daronco, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).