Glimpse – Video storytelling
By Excellent Rectangle
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Glimpse makes shooting and editing video stories fast and easy. Perfect for capturing the memories you want to keep, Glimpse gives you the flexibility to craft beautiful movies without complicated editing software. With Glimpse, your weddings, vacations, and nights on the town become the highlight reels of your life. It's movie-making made simple. What will you Glimpse?
* Reorder moments. Perfect your videos by moving moments around to tell your story the way you want.
* Flexible recording options. Record moments of two, three, or unlimited seconds (requires in-app purchase). Hold down the record button (or use 3D-touch) to reveal the options.
* Effortless editing. Accidentally add a moment or looking to trim your video? Glimpse lets you remove moments from a video with the flick of a finger, and trim moments so you can focus on what’s most important.
* Multiple video stories. Create and maintain multiple videos. Glimpses are stored in your list; tap (+) to add to any Glimpse at any time.
* Flexible orientations. Create square, portrait, or landscape videos.
* Lock screen widget. Create new Glimpses or add to your latest Glimpse right from the lock screen.
* Reminders. If you’d like to look back at where you were at 8:00 am every day for a month, Glimpse can now remind you to capture a daily moment at that time. Reminders can be set daily, weekly, or monthly.
* Flashlight. Capture moments in low-light conditions by turning on the flashlight.
* Zoom. Get closer to the action with digital zoom. iPhone 7 and 7+ users can take advantage of the 2x optical zoom.
* Lock. Prevent accidental deletion or editing by locking a Glimpse in the list view.
* Search. Trying to find a Glimpse in your list? Pull down on the list to reveal the search bar and find a Glimpse by title.
* 3D-touch enhanced. 3D-touch the app icon to create a new Glimpse or add to your latest Glimpse; 3D-touch the play button in the list view to play a Glimpse full-screen; and 3D-touch the record button to reveal timing options.
* Instant review. Glimpse plays your moment immediately after you record it. Review it instantly to decide whether to add it to your video. Alternately, use auto-save to speed up the process. Moments will be added automatically after recording them.
* Automatic image stabilization. No more shaky-cam (unless you want it. Adjust this setting in the Glimpse settings panel).
* Instant sharing. Share your Glimpses to Facebook, Tumblr, iCloud, Dropbox, Vimeo, and more.
We love to hear from you. Send questions or suggestions to email@example.com.
Glimpse supports iPhone 4s and higher, and requires iOS9.
* Videos will not be restored if the app is deleted and re-installed. Before deleting the app, save any montages to your photo feed. Glimpse also needs at least 100mb of available space in order to add a moment or create a new video.
* When upgrading from version 1.0, previously-captured moments will not be editable individually. Moments captured in 1.1 and beyond will be editable individually, even when added to a pre-existing montage.
* 1.2 updates the app database. Please do not quit the app during the update process as doing so may result in loss of data.
What's New in Version 1.4
We've made improvements to make building Glimpses faster, and trimming moments possible.
* Choose whether to review a moment on capture, or have it automatically added to your Glimpse with the new "Auto-save" feature.
* Focus on the best part of any moment by trimming them with the new “Trim” feature. To access this feature, long-tap or 3D touch a thumbnail when editing.
* Shoot longer Glimpses in the free version. We’ve removed the 30-second limit.
We’ve also fixed a bug where deleted Glimpse files would remain on the device. Now, we’re running a check to make sure that deleted files are removed.
Thanks for downloading Glimpse!
The free version is fun but the pro version is definitely worth the small cost. I used Glimpse to document a recent vacation and it turned out great. The short clips are a lot of fun to watch and if you pay attention to the order you can turn the video into a great timeline/story.