With Glimpse you can always see all your favourite webpages with a swipe down in the Notification Center or on your wrist with the Glimpse Apple Watch App.
You want to see if there are news, if there is something new on your favourite webpage, if your long awaited product is available to order or check your used mobile data? You can do all of this with the right webpage inside Glimpse.
Glimpse comes with an extension for the Apple Watch:
Glimpse for Apple Watch lets you choose a specific area of a webpage which will be shown in the Apple Watch App and the Glance. You can refresh it there manually and choose between multiple snippets. It also sends the current page via Handoff to your Mac and iOS Device so that you can open it in Safari immediately.
Just add a page to Glimpse. Choose the right area of the page and then is the page inside the Glimpse Widget in the Today View of the Notification Center or on your Apple Watch. Glimpse saves your mobile data by refreshing your webpages in certain time intervals.
If you want to open a page quickly, you can do it from inside the Widget. Just press the right button and your page will be opened in safari.
You can manage multiple pages in your widget - switch them by pressing the arrow buttons.
Features of Glimpse:
-Add a Page to the Notification Center
- When adding you can scroll and zoom to a certain area of the page. The widget keeps this position, so that you are always in the right place (Note: Glimpse works best with mobile optimized webpages)
- Individual refresh intervals for Wifi and mobile data
- You can open webpages from inside the Widget
- Add a page directly from Safari with the Glimpse Safari Extension
- Many options - Glimpse fits your taste individually
Apple Watch App Features:
- Choose a specific area of your webpage and add it to Apple Watch.
- Switch between widescreen or portrait snippet.
- The page gets refreshed automatically to a setted interval or if you wish manually.
- Open the current page via Handoff in Safari.
- Safari Extension for iPhone to add pages directly to Apple Watch.
- The current page gets refreshed automatically in background (Requires background refresh on your iPhone)
- Manage more than one page. A Force-Touch brings you to the overview of your pages
- Glance: See the latest background Update of your recent viewed website in a Glance
- You can now resize the watch view to view larger parts of your website on your Watch
- Handoff works now as intended
- more fixes and improvements for the Apple Watch App
Ratings and Reviews
I live near a creek and flooding is a concern. I use this app to check the Advanced Hydrologic site which shows how deep the water has become. This app has been helping me do a quick check of the web page on my Apple Watch. The user can easily mark a small section of the webpage to show on the watch which I set for the most current level. Pulling down the image will update it. I keep this in my glances for quick access. Thank-you for this important app.
Highly Useful and Unique
This utility is fab!!! Ignore those 1 star reviews -- those reviewers either do not fundamentally understand the purpose of this utility, or have not configured Glimpse correctly!
Glimpse does one thing: it displays a webpage (or multiple ones) that the user can pre-configure and pre-crop. Once set up, it will faithfully display that same web-page with a consistent crop and zoom, every time.
When used as a Notification Center widget, the page is live so video streaming from video URLs works great, for example .
When used on Apple watch the refresh is a single / static instance(ie snapshot) view, with a manual refresh available on the watch by force touching.
I use it every day, to monitor a webcam URL from the Notification Center. One of a kind gem from what I can see.
Great on notification for iPhone, doesn't update on Apple Watch
I use this for monitoring my Nightscout site. It is great in Notification Center on phone but doesn't update every 5 minutes when the nighscout screen gets updates at least on the Apple Watch. Notification Center updates like a charm.
- Arno Appenzeller
- 19.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.