By Glimpse I/O LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore and present your spreadsheet data through dynamic visualizations with Glimpse. Designed exclusively for the iPad, Glimpse's innovative user interface allows you to iteratively create and modify graphical summaries of your data by visualizing your spreadsheet columns with different colors, sizes, labels, and orientations. Create animations by varying the data over a time or category dimension and your data comes alive before your eyes!
Discover trends and patterns hidden inside your data through visual exploration and experimentation. When rows and columns of raw numbers and text are aggregated and represented visually, patterns and trends can be quickly spotted and outliers can be immediately identified. Glimpse brings the self-service mobile Business Intelligence revolution to your fingertips. With Glimpse, you can:
• Import data from Excel and Numbers spreadsheets, comma separated text files, or simply by copying web page tables from Safari
• Create dazzling animated presentations and display them wirelessly to an Apple TV or other iOS-enabled display (iPad 2 and higher only)
• Build your visualizations freeform, or choose from eight standard visualization templates: Pivot Table, Color Table, Heat Map, Bar Chart, Stacked Bar, Line, Scatter Plot, and Scatter Matrix
• Use the "back" button for unlimited undo, allowing you to fearlessly experiment with your data
• Explore your data without needing to upload your spreadsheet files to third-party sites; your private data remains encrypted and secure on your iPad
• Share images and PDFs of your visualizations via Mail, Twitter, and iTunes File Sharing, or send them to your AirPrint-enabled printer
Glimpse is a stand-alone product and does not require any additional desktop or server software, or registering for an online account. Watch a brief video demonstration of the app at http://glimpse.io
About impathic: We create enterprise apps exclusively for the Apple iOS line of devices. Our DataGlass Mobile Database Client line of products is used by tens of thousands of enterprise customers around to world to connect directly to their corporate databases, and the new Glimpse business intelligence visualization app enables users to dynamically explore and discover trends in their own spreadsheets. Contact us at email@example.com for information about product customization and white-label opportunities.
What's New in Version 1.1
New in version 1.1:
• Support for the high-resolution Retina display on the new iPad
• Fixed crash when editing field properties
We love hearing from our customers! Let us know what other features you would like to see in future releases at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our roadmap for future releases of Glimpse includes:
• Data filters
• Persistent pan & zoom
• Visual legends for color, shape, and size
• Color and shape palette customization
• Pie charts and a polar coordinate system
• Dynamic maps and a geographical coordinate system
• Header and axis property editing, logarithmic and inverted axis scales
• Direct connections to Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL databases
• Connections to multi-dimensional OLAP data warehouses such as Oracle Essbase and Microsoft Analysis Services
Fantastic one of a kind
I searched for an app that would be able to give me this functionality and this was the only one I found after three days of looking. (all the others are web hosted)
Really great functionality and delivers as expected. Great for gleaning reports from my offices data sets. All reports are editable on the device (a feature not available on other apps)
Features I would LOVE and would make this tool indispensable:
- the ability to filter out unwanted information
- the ability to create more than one graph per data set
- the ability to update the data file in the background instead in re-importing and reformatting the graphs.
Thanks for the great work guys! My co-workers where amazed!
A lot of promise, but not quite ready
It's a really neat app, but with some pretty big flaws.
First, there's no way to filter data once it's in the app. So if you discover that one series or other is causing a problem there's no way to filter it or specific values (nulls, or zeros, or whatever).
Second, there's no legend for the graphs that I can find, so when you assign text values to colors, or sizes, there's no way to see what color means what.
Lastly, the app likes to forget settings on 'encodings' so you might set a field to average a value, but then it will bounce back to being a sum when you go between the columns view and layout.
It's a really neat app, but there's no way I'd rely on it to present data to others, or put it in the hands of the average executive.
Great for graphing pivot table data
Would be five stars if the export and formatting options were improved - axis labels, sizing, font control, etc, and control of what colors are used. Not immediately intuitive GUI, but after ten minutes the similarities to pivot table and pivot graphing in Xcel became obvious.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 09, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Glimpse I/O LLC
- © 2011-2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.