Glory of India Lite (History)
By Day Dreamers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
History is not just a date, building and person - its a story.
Watch Demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkszHvgFY4
Many of us have heard of the rich history of India, some of us may have travelled to a few places. Each place showing its own monuments. Monuments that tell us about the builder and the event it was built for. Sometimes to symbolize Love, sometimes faith and sometimes power
Some Questions that most likely occur in our minds
What that period must have been like?
Who else ruled then and where? Is that place on my itinerary?
And whats the connection between these places and its rulers?
We invite both the casual and/or the more enthusiastic traveller, to see The Complete Picture of a land with a glorious past and make the most of your visit by using this app - The Glory of India
* Events Starting from 600 BCE and Connecting up to 1800 CE
* Search within Events for People or Places
* Maps with zoom and pan.
* List of Dynasties and Rulers in the century of selected event
* Picture Gallery of Related Artifacts that are generally not on locations but rather in museums around the world
* Select an event and view Maps, other Dynasties and their artifacts around century of selected event
* Browse related events grouped by place.
* Bookmark your favorite events for quicker access.
* Available in 6 languages - English, French, Spanish, German, Italian & Dutch.
While it is fascinating to learn of all the powerful people who lived in the same period of time it is extremely ambitious to gather every factual detail of a country with such a vast history. So we attempt to present information for reference only
Note - Wiki links require active Data Plan/WiFi connection.
Lite version includes content for circa 325 BCE to 225 BCE and 1498 CE to 1605 CE
What's New in Version 1.3.5
Missing images added.
View all photos from dynasties of a certain period.
Issues and suggestions
App is a good idea. Wanted to make few suggestions:
1. It should also be available in Hindi. Strange to find an app in India, with other languages, but not in Hindi. Wikipedia writes in Hindi too. So, you can do it easily.
2. Meanings are off. Can you let user see the meaning of a word using in-built ability to see meanings.
3. Name of app doesn't clearly shows after download. At least user should be able to see name of app :)
Maps are boring and placed arbitrarily. Little in the way of flow and I am very disappointed even after purchasing the full edition. One of the least inspiring of all history apps I've purchased. Wasted my money on this one.
Apps for the history
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 21, 2012
- Version: 1.3.5
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Deepak Tanna
- © Day Dreamers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).