By Sebastian Razola
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Glui is the simplest way to capture, annotate and share screenshots.
"The app is incredibly simple, no bells or whistles to be found, and it excels as a result." — Macworld (4.5/5)
"An ultra-simple screenshot app that beats Skitch at it’s own game" — Cult of Mac
"Screenshotting for OS X made a delight, not a chore" — 9to5Mac
• Capture screenshots or drag and drop existing images.
• Annotate with arrow, rectangle, pen, text and pixelate tool.
• Instantly upload to Dropbox and get a link to share, or drag/paste image into any other app.
• Runs in the menu bar, the dock or both
• Responsive and clean sharing page
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Quick sharing via email, message, Twitter or Facebook
• Full upload history via the Finder
• Enhanced for Retina display
• Zero clutter
Note: A (free) Dropbox account is required to use the upload feature.
What's New in Version 1.3.6
Minor bug fixes
I like it okay
Overall, I like it fine. Two things I’d like to see. Give me the ability to change away from the god-awful font for the note-taking feature. And it would be nice to be able so snap multiple screenshots and name them later. If you don’t save one before snapping the next, the first one goes away. Not optimal.
So room to improve, but good as it is.
Simple, light on features, and PLEASE keep it that way!
Clean efficient apps like this inevitably get “hey, it’s great, but…. I just need THIS little feature added”…
and you end up with some horrible mess like Skitch. I’m very sure Sebastian understands this, and I thank him for this excellent work.
Sketch that actually does what you want
I was using sketch before this until they got bought by evernote or whatever happened there. This integrates with dropbox which is what I need. The only annoyance in my day to day use is drag and drop is a bit out of the way.
This app would have gotten a 4/5 but it nagged me for a review hence the 3/5.