Glympse -Share GPS location with friends & family
By Glympse Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Glympse is a fast, free and simple way to share your real-time location using GPS tracking, with any of your family, friends or co-workers!
Send a Glympse to let friends and family know you are on your way. Request a Glympse from a colleague who is always running late. Set up a Glympse group for your family reunion.
Those you share with can view your Glympse from any web-enabled device, no sign-up required!
Glympse now also includes an iMessage extension and Apple Watch App.
Download Glympse today!
+ Easy: no sign-up required
+ Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
+ Live: share location in real time with dynamic map
+ Open: share with anyone – no app required to view
+ Passive: runs in the background
+ Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
+ coordinate a social night out with friends
+ let your spouse know your ETA when you’ll be home from work
+ let your family know you are safe while running or cycling
+ find friends at a concert festival
+ provide a courtesy notice with ETA to a client when stuck in traffic
+ share a charity run route with followers on Facebook or Twitter
+ direct emergency or roadside personnel to you quickly
~~~ AWARDS & PRESS ~~~
+ 2014 Webby Award Winner
+ "[Glympse] is one of those apps that’s ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot." – CNET Reviews
+ "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" – Fast Company
+ Named one of "15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011" – Mashable
• Glympse supports iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and now Apple Watch and iMessage. Please note that an iPhone or iPad with cellular data are best suited for sending Glympses as they have GPS for pinpoint location and can share your location while you are on the move.
• We LOVE TO HEAR FROM CUSTOMERS. If you have an issue or suggestion, please send us a note using the "Send us Feedback" feature in the app under Settings.
What's New in Version 3.20.1
Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Overall great app! But please fix location services options!
I love this app as it is nice to be able to keep up with how close someone is to my house when coming over or letting my husband know where I am. However, it needs an option to only use location services while using the app! Until this last update, I didn't notice my location services staying on, but since the update, once I open the app, the location services stay on even after killing the app. There is no need for this when I'm not using the app and/or actively sharing my location with someone, so this just serves to drain my battery quicker. Please fix this!!!
Crashes on launch, iPhone 7Plus iOS 10.3
1. Used to work ok, but after the new app update it crashes, cannot even launch it any more.
2. Why is it limited to 4 hours only? Please give us more choice. For example, 12 hours. Why not allowing a custom expiration date/time?
3. Please add a feature of adding multiple locations so we can use it for a shuttle service and send one link to several people waiting for their shuttle in different locations. That will allow them to see the whole picture and get the right ETA for their locations.
The keyboard app is broken by design.
Not sure who made this decision, but it will keep me from using the keyboard app. When sending my location using the keyboard, it requires the recipient to also have Glympse installed. What that means for me is I won't be using the keyboard app. It's a great idea in theory, but has been butchered in the execution.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 27, 2017
- Version: 3.20.1
- Size: 89.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Glympse
- © 2016 Glympse Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.