Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organized
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.170730
• You can now print messages using Google Cloud Print or AirPrint.
Are you kidding me??
There are 2 huge things wrong with the gmail app that 80% of users hate and yet google continues to do updates on the app and completely ignore these 2 very crucial problems.
1- It doesn't allow you to turn off conversation view. It is awful. It's crazy to me that Google won't listen to thousands of complaints regarding this. In my job I will use the same subject line in many different conversations. So then it groups all of those emails together. And many times important messages get lost in these lengthy "conversations".
2- It won't allow you to add your signature right after your message. It adds it at the very bottom of the string of conversations making it pointless to have a signature at all. Someone would have to scroll down to the bottom of the whole conversation to see your signature. Who would do that?? How does google not see this as a problem? Do they mean to put the signature at the very bottom or is this a glitch?
Google stop wasting time on STUPID updates like this last one and actually step up to the plate and fix the real problems.
Way better than iPhone mail app
I really like how it automatically sorts social networking and promotional emails into separate folders. I also like that the delete button is right there on top - in the iPhone app, you have to find and go to the delete button. I don't know why they don't want me to delete my email... Also, I like that the gmail app isn't always berating me for the number of unread emails in my inboxes. I have like 6500 unread messages, but I don't want to be reminded of that!
GMail has lots of nice features that make it easy to use, but there are a few things I wish they would fix!
1) it would be nice if all your devices would sync so you don't have to delete unwanted emails on each device.
2) the signature feature should be placed at the end of each email, even if it is in grouped feed.
3) the notifications re: unread emails should refresh daily instead of using an all time count. It doesn't motivate me to check email with a huge number, but if each day it reset, I'd know I have new mail.
I hope Google reads these reviews!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 17, 2017
- Version: 5.0.170730
- Size: 202 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.