Gmail - Email by Google
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.171104
• Gmail now shows a progress bar when sending from the Share Extension.
Can't get the hang of it...
Maybe 'cause it's Google on Apple or I learned Apple Mail first, but I just don't see any benefit from using GMail for my Google email account. I'm sure this is a fine app (with more capability/potential, no doubt). Just not for me...
UPDATE: Been using it again and I’m actually keeping up. I have to say here that I DETEST the practice of enquiring as to which browser (Chrome or Safari) I prefer to open web content in. Then if I give the “wrong” answer (Safari) I am instead diverted to the app’s own mini-browser (based on Chrome?) with a Safari-esque button that for some time led me to believe Safari had dressed itself up. My bad. Now that I see the zipper I’ve noticed all the Google on iOS apps pull this stunt. Nefarianism defined.
Review System is Broke: please fix it.
You really should remove reviews put in place by non customers. It’s horribly unfair. It’s horribly anarchist as well. People who are not customers should not be granted ability to lie and malign as has happened on my profile: Turbocharger Systems. We should not have to “walk on egg shells” just to maintain a positive rating with non customers. It’s ludicrous to allow it. Shame on you
When I came on this app after the recent update, all of my emojis look different. They all look like blobs with faces instead of the normal circles with a face. Most of the time you can’t even tell what the emojis are, and they seem to be the Google version I commonly see on a computer when using my email. If it’s not fixed I’m deleting this app.
Until now it was an AMAZING app with some glitches.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 5.0.171104
- Size: 215 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.