Gmail - Email by Google
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.171119
• You can now add non-Google email accounts to the Gmail app via IMAP.
Too Much Like the Website Version
I know, it may sound ridiculous, but the mobile app is too much like the desktop/website version. This was not built to be optimized for the mobile phone. It has all the controls on the top which makes one hand email handling difficult. You have to change between accounts to check each email address instead of a unified mailbox (I have 4 through gmail and gsuite). There no fingerprint lock, no snooze option, and little customization. I would prefer to have all my email on one view as an option.
Other apps like Spark, Inbox and even Outlook offer these features.
The reason I have to use this app is because of the incredibly slow load time for gmail messages into third-party apps. It’s not all the time, but it’s frequent enough to be annoying where content takes minutes to load.
It’s frustrating being between a rock and a hard place with an interface I’d prefer on another app that takes too long to load gmail messages. It works fine for gsuite and non-gmail accounts. I would love to use one app for all email and wouldn’t mind the Google app if it was a bit friendlier for mobile and didn’t require so much navigation.
Great but could add something
I have never had a problem with this app except for one thing which I’ll get too. The app runs smoothly and is easy to work except for one thing. It also doesn’t take up much storage but there is one problem. I don’t check my emails everyday because I don’t have time too so my emails build up. Eventually I get way past 99+ and then I have to go through and click EVERY EMAIL to delete it. If there was a button that moved every email to trash that would be awesome ( except it only did it for a section you choose such as the social section or the important section) GOOGLE IF YOU READING THIS PLEASEEEEEEEEE ADD A DELETE ALL BUTTON THIS WOULD BE A HUGEEEEEE HELP!!!!!!!!!! Besides that the app is great 😁
Wish there were a few tweaks
Overall, I enjoy the app and it makes checking my gmail from my phone easy. I love that you can so easily switch between multiple accounts. There are just a few tweaks I wish they would make that make it more convenient and more identical to the computer version. My biggest annoyance with the app is probably that swiping an email in your inbox archives it, instead of something more practical like deleting it. I’ve had to undo that so many times. I mean, where do archived emails even go?? Also, I wish they allowed you to mark emails as “Important” the same way you can on a computer instead of just starring it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 5.0.171119
- Size: 217 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.