The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• VoiceOver now announces the correct text when recipient suggestions are displayed
• Search corrections are correctly displayed when conversation view is off
Ratings and Reviews
Complained and had my problem fixed in just two weeks
I’m legally blind and I had been hearing from my friends that this was a much better app than apple’s mail system so I got it. Not minutes after I was busy sending out an angry email to some poor “help and feedback” facilitator about how their “adapt to iphone text size” option doesnt work. I angrily told them that If this is not fixed they have lost me as a customer Because their app is useless to me if i can’t see anything.
Now bear in mind, I wasn’t expecting anything to come from it. I figured, like most multimillion dollar companies, my complaint would be ignored along side many others. But, instead of being ignored I found that within two weeks they released an update that fully fixed the problem and only my problem. Within two weeks the developers made the app go from impossible to use to being easily the best email app out there. They have earned my respect and gratitude as a customer.
If you want a great email app that notifies you when, and only when, the most important emails come through, helps you archive, prioritize and organize your emails and provides an enviorment where you can ensure your biggest problems will be handled with care and efficiency than gmail is the app for you.
(This is not sponsored in any way, I just had to express my gratitude for this recent update. If you know someone who worked on this update please give them a giant hug for me)
Missing basic functions
I swiped on an email heading and the email disappeared. It never told me what it was doing with the email. Did it delete it? Did it archive it? Did it forward it to my grandma? I had no idea. So I looked for the undo button. Oh, there ISN'T one. I shook the phone, which works in EVERY OTHER APP, it's a basic iPhone function. Nope. That didn't work either. I found the email still there under "All Mail" but there was no way to undo the archive and put it back into my primary folder, at least no way that was immediately intuitive. So that was super frustrating. Also, there is no "mark unread from here" in an email conversation. So if I mark something as unread, the entire email chain gets marked as unread. This is ridiculous. I sometimes have conversations with clients that have 50 emails back and forth. I don't want to have to go through them all again. Unfortunately, the built-in iPhone mail app does the same thing. But at least it has an undo function. I have gotten to where I rarely check email on my phone because there isn't yet a good app to deal with it. It used to be simple and it used to work. Now with all the folders and functions, replacing basic functionality, it just makes it a pain. Companies always try to fix things that aren't broken and just break them in the process. So this app is deleted. And I will go back to using the iPhone mail app to scan the previews and go to my Mac to actually reply.
I like the email notifications on my home screen, but it seems a bit arbitrary what emails it will alert me about. Most of the time I will get alerts if a certain person sends me an email, and sometimes I just don’t get an alert at all, and I end up missing their email for a few days because I expect I will get an alert like I always do when they me send me mail.
What really bites my cheese is that you can only look back about 100 emails or so when scrolling through your folders. So unless you religiously check all of your folders every day, it is very likely that you will find yourself in the situation while trying to catch up with mail that the stupid thing just won’t load any more emails for you.
In that case you have to use the web client on a computer to actually be able to access all of your mail. If you are forcing me to use a computer to read my mail, that defeats the purpose of having a mail reading app! I am on my feet and out and about all day, so I really need to be able to catch up on allll my mail from my mobile device. Since this app doesn’t allow me to do that, I have fallen woefully behind on my email, to the point where I can’t catch up, making email in general pretty useless for me. In other words, gmail has kind of killed email for me. :/ Please fix this!
- Google, Inc.
- 240.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.