Gmail - Email by Google
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.170910
• Gmail now supports the text size you’ve selected on your iPhone.
Complained and had my problem fixed in just two weeks
I’m legally blind and I had been hearing from my friends that this was a much better app than apple’s mail system so I got it. Not minutes after I was busy sending out an angry email to some poor “help and feedback” facilitator about how their “adapt to iphone text size” option doesnt work. I angrily told them that If this is not fixed they have lost me as a customer Because their app is useless to me if i can’t see anything.
Now bear in mind, I wasn’t expecting anything to come from it. I figured, like most multimillion dollar companies, my complaint would be ignored along side many others. But, instead of being ignored I found that within two weeks they released an update that fully fixed the problem and only my problem. Within two weeks the developers made the app go from impossible to use to being easily the best email app out there. They have earned my respect and gratitude as a customer.
If you want a great email app that notifies you when, and only when, the most important emails come through, helps you archive, prioritize and organize your emails and provides an enviorment where you can ensure your biggest problems will be handled with care and efficiency than gmail is the app for you.
(This is not sponsored in any way, I just had to express my gratitude for this recent update. If you know someone who worked on this update please give them a giant hug for me)
No Connection errors
Revision: I’m an idiot and this app is great. The reason I had trouble with the app when not on WiFi was because data was turned off for the app in my phone’s settings. Changed my low rating to a 5-star.
This app is completely useless for me on iPhone. It never connects and reports "no connection" at the bottom of the screen while every other app on the phone has no trouble connecting. It is only this app that has problems connecting. I've followed all help and forum posts I've found and they're pretty useless. I've logged out and back in (sometimes it won't even let me log back in, giving me the "no connection" error). I've deleted and reinstalled the app many times with no success. And yes, Google, I'm sure I'm using the correct password.
Google needs to resolve the "no connection" error issue with an update rather than just advising people to check their password or make sure they're connected to the internet (when every other app on the device works fine).
I've had my Gmail for a few years now never had a problem. I was with Hotmail for only a year and a half and they locked me out of my account someone had hacked my account within the first year or so my husband's Hotmail account had the same problem he still has his and always seems to have problems where he can't get in or someone hacked his account it's always something. My Husband finally switched over to Gmail a couple years back and he said he does not regret it he prefers using Gmail, it's more user-friendly in my opinion and more secure i've also had relatives who had Hotmail and for some reason had the same problem with not being able to get into their account having to wait a few days or being notified their account has been hacked, again with Gmail for over five years now and never experienced a problem they've always warned me when my Gmail Account is being signed in on a different device I say Gmail all the way!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 25, 2017
- Version: 5.0.170910
- Size: 201 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.