Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organized
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.12
• 3D touch - hard press on the app icon to quickly compose a message
• Sent messages now include your Gmail web signature unless a mobile signature has been set up
• Hide sender images in your inbox (in settings)
• Swipe right/left to view the previous/next message
Love it, some improvement still needed
I like the latest very suddle improvement of the trash button. When you have not read the message you have to hit it twice, when you have read the message only once, good improvement.
Still no dialog when deleting a message ask G if you want to delete the whole sequence of messages or only the one you just read. The problem still is that when you respond to a message and thereafter you want to delete the original message, the message you just sent is going to be deleted from your sent box too.
For the rest, great app,
New update makes emailing a vile chore
Google, how do you not listen to your customers? When you released the Inbox app as a Gmail alternative, how did you not see the rafts of data that showed people who tried it and then stopped using it? Instead, you forced the Inbox app on everyone.
It has taken a hallmark of your email service – that it's easy, breezy, almost a joy will use – and tied it up with so many glitches and ineffective changes that it makes Gmail on the iPhone practically unusable.
I've now decided to give up on a quest years in the making to get my wife to switch to Gmail. It's now clunky, it's not fun, it's not useful – it tells me that I should be hesitant to use other Google services because I don't know when you might wreck those with an app update as well.
I've always liked Gmail
I've always really liked Gmail...it's quick, it's easy to use. I love that I can separate all my emails into different folders. The only thing that bugs me I don't get notified about new mail unless it's in my primary inbox..I've looked and changed all my settings about a million times, I could be missing it. I also would really like more control over the sorting process of my emails. All in all I really like Gmail I've had it consistently for almost 10 years. I doubt I'll change..but feel free to give some more customization and personalization Gmail!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 5.0.12
- Size: 215 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.