Gmail - email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
● Switch between up to 5 accounts
● Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
● Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
● See profile pictures as part of the conversation
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
● Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
● Send and receive attachments
● Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 3.0
Background app refresh: Gmail now fetches your mail even when it is not open so it will be waiting for you when you open the app. Requires iOS 7 and at least one type of notification (badge, alert, or banner) to be turned on.
Simplified sign-in: Signing into Google Apps such as Gmail, Maps, Drive and Chrome just got easier. Sign in to one, and you'll be signed in to all automatically.
Note: In some cases, you may need to sign-in to Gmail again after this update.
This is a horrible update...I have ios6 and a network error keeps appearing, so I'm unable to access my email, also the app is attempting to log into the WRONG google account...please fix immediately!!
I was able to keep clicking cancel on the network error and eventually successfully re-sign into the appropriate GMAIL acc, however it is still an aggravation to have to ensure that the proper account is attached to Google Drive and Google Chrome since GMAIL, Chrome and Drive are now all linked.
I have two accounts. One for school and one for personal use. One Account, One Google, does not make using google easier, in fact, it makes it a nightmare for people with multiple accounts. Please allow an opt-out for this feature!
The only reason I'm keeping the Gmail app is because I already have various project accounts linked to my apple mail. However, google is a royal pain and until they fix this one account, one google program, my rating will remain as 1 star...horrible update.
This is my first app I ever wrote a review on. I have tried various apps for texting and to make calls. Google'sVoice is great, the texts are never chopped down to small sizes, like other apps do. So I actually receive all of the text. But the calls, this is not the greatest. I get complaints from the people I'm calling that it breaks up when I'm speaking. However, recently I started holding my iPod Touch next to my face. This is hard to explain. I have the iPod in one hand lightly cradled, and then I put my hand up by my hand up by my cheek bone, with the iPod facing outward. Basically it's facing in the direction I am looking. And the complaints stopped! Clear as a bell! Now I have never done this in public not sure if I would. Lol good luck I say give it a try!
"Mark as unread"
I really like this app...most of the time. The one thing that really bothers me is that sometimes when I mark an email as unread it marks the entire conversation as unread. This causes me major problems at work because I then spend all kinds of time searching for the other unread emails just to find out it's an email from a week ago that I've already responded to! I've searched the web for the last 45 mins and still can't figure out why my app is doing this and how to make it stop! I would really hate to have to switch email providers again but this is driving me absolutely crazy!!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.