Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organized
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.170312
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Buggy search feature
I like most things about this app, but the search bar is almost impossible to use because it's so buggy. I can't type anything without it filling in other words and replacing my typing. The words may not even contain the letter I'm trying to type, the were just part of a phrase that had the same letter. (for example, attempting to search for "eht" ends up "submissionsht" and editing just changed it to other ineffective things)The only way i can successfully search is to type what i want to search for in some other app (any other app ) and then copy and paste it and hope it won't change. Other than this major bug, the app has been handy.
Simply the best
I have usedcoal, Apple mail, Yahoo, and fastmail. Gmail's best feature is it user control over labelling and sorting mail. I can find old mail easily by looking at the filing label groups, or given Google's unmatched search, just typing in A word or phrase. It has wonderful filter tools, so mail can be deleted as it arrives, and I don't have to waste time manually deleting it.
One step forward and two back!
I can NOT believe that google would redesign the app and take away the ability to print AND to save emails as PDFs to google drive! I wish I could go back to the old version -- at least it was functional. I keep waiting for an update to correct the problem. I guess I will have to (reluctantly) go back to iPhones native email app. Really a disappointment. Shame on you google! Bring back these vital features and I will give you 5 stars again. Another update and NO PRINT FUNCTION!!! UGH!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 28, 2017
- Version: 5.0.170312
- Size: 225 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.