Gmail - email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
● Switch between up to 5 accounts
● Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
● Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
● See profile pictures as part of the conversation
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
● Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
● Send and receive attachments
● Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.0
• Take quick actions - Archive or reply to messages directly from a notification
• Email files from other apps - Attach photos and documents to Gmail right from your favorite apps
• New attachment viewer - Open attachments from Gmail into any app
I'm one that's always been used to the old status quo and not much else. But as I've been using the iOS system and iPhones so much in the last several years I've learned so many new things. One of them being that email isn't just an inbox any longer.
When I first downloaded the G-Mail app I wasn't really sure what to expect or if I was really even going to like it, but I've found that it's wonderful. Yes it may have a bug or two but your not going to find any kind of program out there that doesn't have some bugs in it. If they say that their bug free their lying and it's false advertisement.
The notifications that I get are fantastic I love knowing what's going on because it allows me to decide what I want to go to right away instead of going through 50 emails to get to the 1 that I wanted. There are many other features that are very helpful and time saving you just have to use a little of your time at first to go through and learn it so you can set it up. Once you do you won't regret it, you'll love it too! 😃
"G-Mail App Review"
When I first came across this app, I felt it was unnecessary to include it on my iPad. Why use up the memory when I can just use a web browser page and get to my gmail accounts through the Google website, after all? Well curious sort that I am, I decided to see what made this app different, if at all, from the website version. Am I ever glad that I did! Being some who doesn't think of looking at my messages often enough, this app has changed that for me, in particular with the notification you get every time you get a new message. I also like how it can hold several of your g-mail accounts all in the app since I have many that I use for many different reasons. I can't thank you enough for the making of this app! It DEFINITELY gets a five-star rating from me!!! Please keep up the wonderful work!
Slow, buggy, broken notifications
I've switched to cloud magic and so far I am happy. Here are the reasons why I switched.
1. For years the gmail app has never worked correctly for clearing Notification Center notifications automatically. For example, when my phone is locked and an email comes in I get a notification. If I open the app and read the new email the notification remains in the pull down Notification Center. The only way to remove gmail a notifications in Notification Center is to manually clear them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it only solves the problem for a very short amount of time. I have observed this exact problem on several friends' iPhones as well.
2. No ability to 'forward all'. If I want to forward an entire email thread, I cannot. I can do this on the web but there is not way to do this in the app. It will only forward individual emails within a thread.
3. My inbox view almost always requires me to 'pull to refresh' which is annoying. The app feels like a buggy webpage that Google turned into an app.
I've been hoping Google would address these issues but it has been years. I'm sick of waiting. Especially when there are several third party apps that work much better. If these problems bother you, like they bother me, I suggest using cloud magic. I hope Google fixes these problems because I prefer native apps.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 05, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2014 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.