Gmail - email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
- Switch between up to 5 accounts
- Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
- Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
- Read and respond to interactive Google+ posts right from the app
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.4.0
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Doesn't work seamlessly or intuitively on iPhone
Well, this is my first ever review, and I felt compelled to write it after several weeks of using the gmail app. I originally downloaded it because I have two e-mail accounts that I wanted to keep separate. I figured that it might be nice to not have to flip back and forth in my iPhone's e-mail app. However, doing things in the gmail app for iPhone is unnecessarily difficult. When you click on a link, it doesn't open in safari, it's the Internet inside of your e-mail...? Also, I couldn't easily print from my iPhone while I was in the gmail app, which is a problem for me. I didn't want to have to download google print because... Why? My iPhone automatically finds my wireless printer when I am in iPhone's mail app (or literally any other app that you can print from). This app cannot without downloading something else. I only have 16 GB here! Additionally, the buttons aren't super intuitive for me. When you archive an email (which for some reason is so easy to do accidentally that they built an "undo" option that pops up after you do it), it disappears from your inbox, which is annoying--especially since I don't really need that feature. Anyway, I just imported my gmail into my iPhone email, and turns out it's much easier to manage that way. I can print, click on links, and manage my mail without accidentally archiving a bunch of important things that I need to print. One star, sorry, Google.
Using this Gmail app, I can get my emails on my iPad with no problem, so that works fine. I send emails to multiple Contact Groups and these will not import into the app. On my desktop, I have to actually go to the Contacts section, select Groups, and select the option to email the group there. It doesn't automatically populate the group when I start typing the name as it would an individual contact. This doesn't work on the iPad, however, since there is no Contacts listing that I can find IN the Gmail app. The only remedy I can find is to search for an old sent email and "Reply All" and then delete all the previous email message after I have typed a new message. Very stupid and wastes time. I am not a fan of Apple, but my tablet has quickly become more convenient for me to use than my desktop, so I really need this feature to work. For all the Apple fans, that email app will not even allow me to set up a Contact Group. So it isn't functional either. BIG problem and should be addresses on both apps.
Gmail App is a must
Always a fan of AOL mail, I never thought gmail would be my go-to for email, but now it is. For personal I still prefer my free aol account that I've had for years and years, but Google & gmail makes it SO easy for businesses to connect in so many ways to social media, that for me, there is no other option. And the gmail app is just yet another way for me to grow a new business and help it thrive. Never one to regularly check email, the gmail app makes it easy to receive and reply to my messages, & I can choose whether or not I need to check just my personal inbox, or if I have time to check my social and promotions as well. I'm also able to have all my gmail accounts in one place at my fingertips; instead of having to log in and log out constantly, I can just quickly change accounts. Love it!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 21, 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.