Gmail - email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
● Switch between up to 5 accounts
● Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
● Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
● See profile pictures as part of the conversation
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
● Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
● Send and receive attachments
● Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.0
• Take quick actions - Archive or reply to messages directly from a notification
• Email files from other apps - Attach photos and documents to Gmail right from your favorite apps
• New attachment viewer - Open attachments from Gmail into any app
I'm one that's always been used to the old status quo and not much else. But as I've been using the iOS system and iPhones so much in the last several years I've learned so many new things. One of them being that email isn't just an inbox any longer.
When I first downloaded the G-Mail app I wasn't really sure what to expect or if I was really even going to like it, but I've found that it's wonderful. Yes it may have a bug or two but your not going to find any kind of program out there that doesn't have some bugs in it. If they say that their bug free their lying and it's false advertisement.
The notifications that I get are fantastic I love knowing what's going on because it allows me to decide what I want to go to right away instead of going through 50 emails to get to the 1 that I wanted. There are many other features that are very helpful and time saving you just have to use a little of your time at first to go through and learn it so you can set it up. Once you do you won't regret it, you'll love it too! 😃
It's the lesser of two evils
I have been a long time Gmail subscriber, and over the years I have come to use the robust functions, add-ons and other things that made going to my email so much fun.
Then Inbox came around and totally turns my preferred functionality on it's head. I have years of emails nicely segmented by folders, which is why I continue to use Gmail app. HOWEVER, with the development of Inbox, I see the future use of Gmail fading, much to my chagrin. And it seems that the slow slide begins with the continued crashing of Gmail. I often go through and do a daily purge of email that crashes the app. It can't seem to make sense of my deleting and stops accessing the emails I wish to read. I have to close the app and return to it. Not fun. And that's not just on my iPad either, it goes for my iPhone 6+ as well.
Google, I seriously hope you aren't driving us away from the Gmail app to use your Inbox one. I appreciate keeping things in the family, but Gmail is one you shouldn't send into retirement just yet...
Gmail App is a must
Always a fan of AOL mail, I never thought gmail would be my go-to for email, but now it is. For personal I still prefer my free aol account that I've had for years and years, but Google & gmail makes it SO easy for businesses to connect in so many ways to social media, that for me, there is no other option. And the gmail app is just yet another way for me to grow a new business and help it thrive. Never one to regularly check email, the gmail app makes it easy to receive and reply to my messages, & I can choose whether or not I need to check just my personal inbox, or if I have time to check my social and promotions as well. I'm also able to have all my gmail accounts in one place at my fingertips; instead of having to log in and log out constantly, I can just quickly change accounts. Love it!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 05, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2014 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.