gMusic: a Music Player for Google
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why is gMusic better than Google's app?
- Plays music from the iPod
- Music video playback
- Youtube support
- 10 band Equalizer
- Proper offline support!
- Last.fm Scrobbling (In the settings)
- Auto Playlists
- Full Playlist Editing
- iOS 9 look and feel
- Login with 1Password
Google Music allows you to keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in the cloud. Now you can listen to your entire music collection without having to use any space on your iOS device.
gMusic features include:
- Artist Discovery
- Create Radio Stations
- Add music to your Library directly in the app
- Works with the built in Sleep Timer
- Very fast load times
- Add songs to existing playlists
- Search by Artist, Songs, Albums, or Genres
- Plays in the background so you can use your other apps while still listening to your music
- Offline support
- Direct secured authentication with Google. No third party servers involved.
- Remembers what you were listening to for quick resume after closing the app.
- Stay tuned for other great new features coming soon.
If your having issues, try deleting and reinstalling.
Questions, Comments, Feature request, Bugs? Email me!
Please email me and give me the chance to fix your problem before leaving a bad review.
*Requires a Google Play Account
*Requires a subscription to Google Play All Access for All Access features
*Not all songs have music videos
What's New in Version 3.2
Added new Dark Theme.
Fixed quality setting on WiFi.
Horribly ridden with bugs
I bought this because it promised gapless playback, a feature that is glaringly missing from Google's native app. It does do that, yes, but overall the whole app is so ridden with bugs that it's not even worth it. 50% of the time it won't play a song when you tap on it; you have to tap on a few other songs and then try again to get it to work. It'll sometimes magically turn on the "import iPod music" feature, something I specifically do NOT want on, but when you try to turn it off, it keeps all your local music there anyway. I tried to download an album for offline listening, and then when I tried to delete it, it started downloading that entire artist's discography instead of deleting the album I wanted it to delete! Lots of phone overheating in general when using the app. Not worth it. Overall not a functional application.
Offline syncing seems to be intermittent
I will give this app two stars because it is indeed a functional app for Google Music with an equalizer. However, when I tried to download all my All Access playlists for offline use, I never really got the app to download everything. It would always get stuck or crash and I could never get all of my music offline and that is am important feature for those that are on limited data and can't stream everything while on the go.
Pretty Good Alternative
Music lover must have. Bought this just for the native EQ. Besides the occasional playback crash this app is better than official Google Music App. Sound quality is 10/10. I can finally enjoy my FLAC music collection in lossless quality. I've even recommended this app to a few friends. I'd like to see some more features and fixes in the near future. See below feedback.
1. Pull radio stations from Google Music in live time instead of just my recent radios.
2. Better playback stability.
3. Optimize battery for less drain.
4. A more googly looking icon. To fit in with my other GApps. Maybe the Google Music icon shape with the gMusic icon color.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 09, 2016
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 47.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Interactive Innovative Solutions LLC
- © IIS LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.