Go Coach Baseball
By Human Kinetics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get your players from the dugout into practice activities and game situations quickly with Go Coach Baseball. Developed by the American Sport Education Program (ASEP) and endorsed by Babe Ruth League, Inc., Go Coach Baseball offers 32 video clips and 11 animations demonstrating 34 skills and 26 drills to organize and run your practices. The app's optional slow-motion video setting (requires OS 3.2 and newer) allows you to view every detail of the skills and drills being performed. The Favorites feature allows you to save skills, drills, and video clips in one central folder-a great tool for planning and organizing activities for your next practice. Supplemental coaching tips and advice, safety guidelines and checklists, and guidance on season and practice plans will help you manage team activities beyond the Xs and Os. Drawing content from ASEP’s Coaching Youth Baseball book, Go Coach Baseball is the authoritative app for any on-the-go coach.
• 34 skills for hitting, bunting, base running, throwing, fielding, pitching, and catching
• Instant access to step-by-step instructions
• Video clips and photos demonstrating proper player positioning and skill execution
• 26 practice drills and small-sided games for hitting, bunting, base running, throwing, fielding, pitching, and catching
• Modifications based on age group and ability
• Animations visually demonstrating player and ball movement
• Sample season and practice plans for ages 6 to 9, 10 to 11, and 12 to 14
• Checklist for game preparation
• Guidelines for running the team during the game
• Tips for addressing the team after the game
• Information on age modifications and field markings
• Descriptions of player positions
• Photos depicting umpiring signals
• Explanations of challenging calls
First aid instruction
• Develop an emergency action plan
• Treat sprains and strains using the PRICE method
• Prevent, recognize, and treat heat-related illnesses such as heatstroke
Team management tips
• Foster good sportsmanship
• Create a fun atmosphere
• Teach correct technique using the IDEA method
• Identify behaviors that are inappropriate and unsportsmanlike
• Classify what’s deserving of disciplinary action and how to administer it
• Build teamwork and accountability
What's New in Version 2.0.0
• We’ve added a “Favorites” tab so you can save a list of your favorite Skills and Activities, including photos, videos, diagrams, and animations. You can also save important pages in the Advice tab, like practice and season plans, what to do in medical situations, rules, game strategies, coaching young athletes, and information on how to become a better coach.
• We’ve also added slow motion capabilities to the videos. (requires OS 3.2 and newer)
My first yr coaching a rookie league and without this app I'd been lost. I know baseball very well but coaching and coaching kids is a different story. This app wrkd and works great.
I would also like my 0.99 back. Unless you have been shut up in a cave your whole life and know nothing at all about baseball this App is useless!!! Very disappointed!!!
Can I get a refund, please, listen to the other reviews. Worst ever.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 07, 2011
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 19.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Human Kinetics Interactive
- © 2011 Human Kinetics, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.