Go DC Metro
By Think Murple
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Go DC Metro is an iPhone application that gives users the opportunity to check arrival times for the DC metro system at lightning speed.
Commuters and tourists are able to keep up to speed with metro trains to aid their traveling time, in a friendly intuitive way.
- Zoom and Click around the High Definition DC Metro Map displayed fully on the screen.
- Tap on any stop to get real time arrival times very quickly.
- Display service alerts to know of any disruptions on the metro system.
And best of all its free!
I don't write reviews, but when I do it's for apps that work exactly as they should.
1) Extremely user friendly and easy to use
2) ALWAYS exactly right. I kept track of when my trains arrived at any station even when I was on it with this app and the other, more popular app. This one was always right, the other app was always off by a minute or two either early or late. Timing is critical with the metro and this app is flawless. Delete the other one.
Great but a bit out of date
Of all the app offerings for the DC metro, this app is probably the absolute fastest in being able to open it up and get arrival times quickly. The downside is that is has not been updated since the silver line opened, so it does not display silver line trains. I still use it as I don't use the silver line route very frequently but need to switch to another app when I do. It would be great if this could be updated!
Good but needs updated map
This app is probably the best one because it's simple and shows arriving trains accurately. The map, however, is inaccurate because it does not show rush plus routes. So update the map rush plus has been around for a long time!