go90 – Stream TV & Live Sports
By Verizon Media LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to go90. Enjoy video streaming of original shows, live sports & more. Find your new favorites on one of four curated Networks:
• go90 XO – fierce, fresh, fearless TV. New comedies, dramas, reality shows and more. Watch new episodes of t@gged each week, and reconnect with all episodes of Veronica Mars now!
• go90 Zone – not a regular sports channel. It goes beyond streaming live sports and stories and takes fans inside the game with series like QB1, MVP and NBA Bright Lights.
• go90 Saga - your home for smart, hilarious, mind-bending TV. Sci-fi, horror, gaming & more. Watch every episode of classic sci-fi shows like Fringe, Babylon 5 and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
• go90 Session - Dispatches from the edge of global culture. Streaming TV that checks what’s next in music, style, and art. Check out TAWK with Awkwafina and Vice Autobiographies.
• Stream shows from BuzzFeed, AwesomenessTV, Vice, Funny Or Die, Machinima and more
• Stay up to date on live video streaming with go90's Live Calendar
• Easily discover new shows based on your favorites with customized recommendations
• Never miss an episode with custom notifications for every show
• Cast your favorite shows and live games directly to your TV (some content restrictions apply)
Verizon Wireless customers get access to:
• The best of TV, including The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, ESPN News and Analysis, Love & Hip Hop, Cake Boss, MythBusters and more
• Verizon Wireless postpay customers can stream shows and live games on the go90 app over LTE without it counting against their data (requires go90 app version 2.9 or later)*
* Compatible device in U.S. req’d. Other app activity, including download, counts against your data plan. For Verizon Unlimited customers, go90 data usage will be counted, but will not be billed. Subject to Verizon Wireless Agmts, Data Plan & other terms. Safety Mode may impact streaming audio or video content. Subject to change.
What's New in Version 3.0.33
Bug fixes and improvements including:
* Auto-refresh for live and home feed
* Increased bandwidth caps/defaults for data usage
* Add content rating (e.g. TV-14) to videos and shows
* Include season and episode numbers in masthead
* Tweaks for accessibility font sizes
* Improved play/pause handling (incoming phone calls, airplay remote control, etc)
It's great, when it works.
I've tried watching on my phone, connected to airplay, and on my iPad but all of them crash with the vague error message of "something went wrong, retry?" I'm not one of those people who automatically assume that it's an apps fault that it's crashing. I assume, hey, maybe it's me/my phone/my wifi connection. But. Considering I've double and triple checked that it's not on my end, the app has some flaws. I would have given it five stars had it not happened about forty times and counting since I downloaded the app yesterday. Now, I'm not unreasonable. Ads I can deal with, especially considering they're usually tv shows available on the app. But the crashing problem is tarnishing my opinion and fast. So, long story short, the app is one of the best streaming apps, when it works.
Go90 is an interesting film service application that allows users to access a unique range of video content. Users can watch all episodes for cult series such as Sarah Connor The Terminator Chronicles and Veronica Mars as well as animated movies, sporting events, sporting programs, videos from online service brands such as Mashable and more. The app is easy to navigate from the bottom menu tab and if you create an account you can track your favorite videos. I would like to see more legacy and cult tv shows from the past added as well as a more rounded feature film catalog. Still, there is enough here to recommend Go90 as a solid secondary video service.
Not full length episodes
I got the app to watch Veronica Mars, which all the episodes were full, but when I finished that I tried to watch Guidance and noticed the "episodes" were only 12 minuets. I then looked at some of the other shows and noticed the same thing! Most of the shows don't have the full episodes. Also they put "a go90 original series" on a few series banners when they didn't produce the show! I have 3 stars because I got to watch Veronica Mars, but be very wary of all the other "shows". You'll only get clips of them.