GoCodeEditor is a Code Editor optimized for fast opening and editing local and remote files (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, FTP, SFTP/SSH) on your iOS Device.
• Sublime like Code-Editor!
• Universal App (use it on your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch)
• iPhone X (s/s Max) support
• Full iPad Pro support (including smart keyboard support, shortcuts, split-screen multitasking)
• NEW! Multi-caret Editing
• NEW! Siri Shortcuts
- create newfile / start shell / connect to shell / preview
- more soon...
• Drag & Drop Support
- Support for Drag & Drop files from the Files App
- Support for Drag & Drop files / repos and folders from Working Copy App
- Support for Dragging local files from GoCoEdit to other Apps
• Compatible with Apple Watch
Start a ssh-shell from your wrist right now!
Run your self defined scripts with one tap.
• Extra keybar with swipe functions and trackball to precisely move the cursor and select text
• Syntax highlighting
for many coding languages like:
• Some comfort features: code hinting, auto indent, auto close brackets, line wrapping, smart indent, tag and bracket matching, find by regular expression, replace, replace all, symbolic/function search for many syntax modes
• Quick CMD-mode (keep your hands on the On-Screen-Keyboard)
- p.e. press cmd+c, cmd+v to copy and paste selected text
- over 15 shortcuts supported
• Different themes ( include solarized, monokai and many more ) and font-sizes
• Import / export / open files from icloud drive and other file providers
• Open entire folders or repositories from the Git client Working Copy or the Files App using the iOS document picker
- Custom Syntax Modes -- create your own Syntax highlighting modes
now you can write own modes and use it for your own file types
- Custom Themes -- create your own editor themes
- Snippets -- use short fragments of text again and again
( with filed and placeholders support )
( in iPad version resizeable for preview iPad or iPhone layouts )
• Markdown Preview & HTML Export
• Connect to your servers via SFTP, FTP, DRIVE, ONEDRIVE or DROPBOX
( "OneDrive for Business" in not supported at this moment - will be available soon )
• NEW! File has changed detection
( GCE is now able to detect external file changes on local and remote files )
• Upload and Download files/folders or edit files directly on your server/dropbox/drive/onedrive without download
• Very fast reconnect and recover of open files after restart
• Edit your files directly on your server without download.
• Integrated Shell (ssh) to perform background tasks like a Grunt, Gulp, npm or another shell job
( type direct or define scripts and run it with a single tap )
• Supporting iOS10, iOS11 features like textselection by cursor, Splitview, Slide-Over and Drag & Drop
• 3D Touch support
- Show/move cursor by 3D touch the keyboard
- Quick Actions (new file, start shell, connect shell to last server, show preview of last file)
• External/Bluetooth keyboard support
( all iOS shot-cut keys are supported + lots of shortcuts available )
If you want to support the project and increase the development speed become a patreon.
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 14.1-14.2 • • •
• Added Apple Pencil 2 double-tap support for toggling a selection
• Added support for the new iPad lineup
• Smart Indent improvements
• Keep CMD/Find-Mode on toggle open files
• Added CMD+^ as Escape key
• Updated themes and syntax modes
• Fixed a search and replace bug
• Fixed some other tiny bugs
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 14 • • •
• Support for iOS 12 and the new iPhone X(s/s Max) added
• Siri Shortcuts added
- newfile/show shell/connect shell/preview
- more soon...
• Shortcuts App support added
• NEW! Syntax modes
- VUE (js)
• Updated Syntax modes
• Multi-Caret editing - updated smart select
- Create multiple cursors and edit it together
• Fixed Google drive hiding some files (b)
• Changed Passcode handling!
- Please reenable Passcode to keep using it
• Some UI improvements
• Many smaller bugfixes
Any improvement ideas or issues? Please, drop me a mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you like GoCoEdit please leave a short review on the AppStore.
Thank you for reading :)
Ratings and Reviews
Great Development App that has many Features
Loving this app, thanks again for the update, I will use the js console a lot!
Great price and features
For the price and feature set, this app is worth it.
My only complaint is aesthetic and minor: I find the font used in the majority of the UI (menus, labels, descriptions, etc.) to give off a very “amateur” look and feel. It’s like if were to have the option of writing this review in Comic Sans font. You would probably take me less seriously.
A feature request I have is to add support for importing/ cloning a git repo given the HTTPS url (from GitHub, Gitlabs, etc.)
Everything is great. But briefly:
1. The keyboard is not under control and it jumps up every moment everywhere.
2. I things the keyboard need cut, copy, paste click, because it’s really hard to using selectors tags.
Thanks for making this app I really appreciate it. I suggested it to all of my friends.
Developer Response ,
thank you for your review. 1. GoCoEdit tries to keep the keyboard focused on changing the selection or moving the cursor. You can change this behavior by disabling the Auto-Keyboard setting. 2. On iPad you have a copy, cut and past button on the extrabar. (2 squares icon - fourth from left). You can also use the cmd mode on the extra bar. (Tab CMD+m, CMD+c, CMD+x or CMD+v for mark, copy, cut or paste)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.