By Andrews McMeel Universal, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Want funny? Love comics? We've got your fix. The GoComics app, from Universal Uclick, is the mobile comics portal for many of the most popular comic strips worldwide. From iconic favorites like Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, Garfield, Doonesbury, Dilbert and Marmaduke to modern favorites like FoxTrot, The Boondocks, Big Nate, Pearls Before Swine and Get Fuzzy, we offer the most diverse set of comic strips and panels in one single app for FREE.
The content within this GoComics mobile application updates daily, bringing you the latest work from critically acclaimed creators, Pulitzer Prize-winning political cartoonists and the hottest up-and-coming talents.
Within the app, you have the ability to:
- Bookmark your favorite comics.
- Share comics via social media, e-mail and text/SMS (charges may apply).
- Access over 20 years of back issues of comic strips. Read the first-ever Calvin and Hobbes strips! Rediscover Charlie Brown and the Little Red-Headed Girl! Share FoxTrot with a younger generation! See Huey and Riley before The Boondocks became a cult classic!
- Leer en español. GoComics tiene más de 30 cómics que están disponibles para nuestros Españoles fans de habla.
- Read our liberal, moderate and conservative editorial/political cartoonists represent that all sides. Collectively, they have won more than 20 Pulitzer Prizes for editorial cartooning.
- Gain insight into the comics industry with our blog that's updated multiple times a week.
- Check out burgeoning cartoonists before they break out in our Comics Sherpa section.
What's New in Version 1.5.3
Fixed bug causing crash on iPads.
I had high hopes for this app. I use the website frequently, but you are unable to select the date on the calendar like you were able to on the computers, which was the whole point I downloaded the app. The first 5 minutes was me trying to find my comic, as opening the A-Z listing would require me to open the menu, which I couldn't find in the first place. I finally found the comic strip and I opened the calendar. It ALMOST worked before the app crashed. I had to repeat this process again and again until I found the once again, found the flipping comic. Hooray! The comic forced you to zoom in until your fingers bled. Sometimes it wouldn't show the right comic, repeat the last one, glitch out, or not even show at all. I love my comics, but even Big Nate isn't enough to endure this torture. This app brings Go Comics down to the bowels of earth, and every comic you dared to read.
Used to Love the App BUT now crashes - FIXED!
I've loved the app. It makes it so easy to read most of my favorite comics but since the latest upgrade (around Jan. 10) it crashes constantly. I removed it and reinstalled and that helped a little bit so that I could at least see most of my saved comics. However when I try to add any new ones or add some of the ones it did not save after the reinstall, it crashes. Also cannot see any of the ones that are not saved to "My Comics" so you can't just randomly view any comics. Please fix it. It was a great app.
Yay! they fixed the crashing problem! Great app.
When I first got this app, I liked it. I found some great new stuff through it along with some classic stuff. One thing I had against it is that when some of the comics went out of the main page, they stopped being updated, but I don't know if that was the app or the artist.
Then, it looked like malware got into it and the coding got screwed up. It was super glitchy and crashed frequently. I ended up deleting it off of my phone, which was a little sad.
I decided to reinstall it, though, and the glitches were mostly taken care of! It still has minor issues, but so far I haven't come across anything serious. Thanks for fixing it!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 13, 2017
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 39.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ANDREWS MCMEEL UNIVERSAL, INC.
- © 2016 Universal Uclick
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GoComics Pro (1 year)$19.99
- GoComics Pro (30 days)$1.99