By Andrews McMeel Universal, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want funny? Love comics? We've got your fix. The GoComics app, from Universal Uclick, is the mobile comics portal for many of the most popular comic strips worldwide. From iconic favorites like Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, Garfield, Doonesbury, Dilbert and Marmaduke to modern favorites like FoxTrot, The Boondocks, Big Nate, Pearls Before Swine and Get Fuzzy, we offer the most diverse set of comic strips and panels in one single app for FREE.
The content within this GoComics mobile application updates daily, bringing you the latest work from critically acclaimed creators, Pulitzer Prize-winning political cartoonists and the hottest up-and-coming talents.
Within the app, you have the ability to:
- Bookmark your favorite comics.
- Share comics via social media, e-mail and text/SMS (charges may apply).
- Access over 20 years of back issues of comic strips. Read the first-ever Calvin and Hobbes strips! Rediscover Charlie Brown and the Little Red-Headed Girl! Share FoxTrot with a younger generation! See Huey and Riley before The Boondocks became a cult classic!
- Leer en español. GoComics tiene más de 30 cómics que están disponibles para nuestros Españoles fans de habla.
- Read our liberal, moderate and conservative editorial/political cartoonists represent that all sides. Collectively, they have won more than 20 Pulitzer Prizes for editorial cartooning.
- Gain insight into the comics industry with our blog that's updated multiple times a week.
- Check out burgeoning cartoonists before they break out in our Comics Sherpa section.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Bug fixes and updated deprecated code for iOS 7.
It's gotten worse: makes you sign in every time...when it works at all
I'm a long time user. I've had an account with GoComics for seven years and have had the app for a long time because of great content. But each iteration seems worse. I used to just battle finding my place when I came back from any other app. (In other words, I'd be halfway through my comics, answer a text or check FB, and come back to GoComics reset on the first comic in my list.) Then an update made it so I had to sign in every time I used the app, including if I toggled to another app for any significant amount of time. And the favoriting system made me click twice to favorite. (Not intuitive.) Now the app hangs on the first page (saying, "Loading content for the first time"). I can click to sign in and get my info in, but then it crashes. Over and over.
Really good, except for a couple of things...
This app is really good, except that when you leave the app for ONE SECOND it goes back to the home screen, and it took me a super long time to figure out how to use the calendar feature. There should be a "Welcome to GoComics" bit with how to use the app, and so on. Also, in some parts of comics, it will get stuck on the Sunday strip and not allow you to move on to the next comic until you repeat the Sunday one and go back. Except for that, I absolutely love this app.😀❤️😄💟
Great App but needs a fix
I love to sit over breakfast and browse through MyComics. This app presents the comics in a clear, bright, and very readable fashion. If the printing gets small (such as the Sunday Non Sequitor) it's easy to zoom in and scroll.
One irritation: if I get interrupted before I've read all MyComics, when I get back, I have to re-navigate to MyComics and remember where I was in the list. Why can't the app download all of MyComics the first time I log in on a given day and return me to the last comic I read?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 05, 2016
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ANDREWS MCMEEL UNIVERSAL, INC.
- © 2015 Universal Uclick
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GoComics Pro (1 year)$11.99
- GoComics Pro (30 days)$0.99