By Andrews McMeel Universal, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want funny? Love comics? We've got your fix. The GoComics app, from Universal Uclick, is the mobile comics portal for many of the most popular comic strips worldwide. From iconic favorites like Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, Garfield, Doonesbury, Dilbert and Marmaduke to modern favorites like FoxTrot, The Boondocks, Big Nate, Pearls Before Swine and Get Fuzzy, we offer the most diverse set of comic strips and panels in one single app for FREE.
The content within this GoComics mobile application updates daily, bringing you the latest work from critically acclaimed creators, Pulitzer Prize-winning political cartoonists and the hottest up-and-coming talents.
Within the app, you have the ability to:
- Bookmark your favorite comics.
- Share comics via social media, e-mail and text/SMS (charges may apply).
- Access over 20 years of back issues of comic strips. Read the first-ever Calvin and Hobbes strips! Rediscover Charlie Brown and the Little Red-Headed Girl! Share FoxTrot with a younger generation! See Huey and Riley before The Boondocks became a cult classic!
- Leer en español. GoComics tiene más de 30 cómics que están disponibles para nuestros Españoles fans de habla.
- Read our liberal, moderate and conservative editorial/political cartoonists represent that all sides. Collectively, they have won more than 20 Pulitzer Prizes for editorial cartooning.
- Gain insight into the comics industry with our blog that's updated multiple times a week.
- Check out burgeoning cartoonists before they break out in our Comics Sherpa section.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
Bug fixes for iOS 8.
Just needs a better UI
UPDATE: Intrusive ads are gone! Thank you. A better UI would still be helpful; e.g., being able to swipe through your favorites without tapping for the arrows then tapping the arrows. Also it would nice to be able to save a comic. Thanks!
The pro version is 99 cents a month, $12 a year, whereas many apps are obviously just 99 or a few bucks total. And now apparently they're trying to force more people to buy with ads that come into the actual comic and block it for a few seconds every time. Either lower the price or stop with the intrusive ads.
Also, I'd feel better about buying if it were a better interface. It's quite clumsy.
And how about allowing saving of the comic as a photo?
It's nice to be able to get comics in one place, but this could be so much better.
I witched about not being able to find favorites but that was um, operator error. (Hangs head in shame) Programmers was highly responsive when the app took to crashing recently after an iOS update. Fixed it quickly and it's all good. Back to my morning giggle fix. Still flakes out moving back through older comics if you have zoomed but not as often. Basically a solid app that works.
IPad version buggy
I love the ability to peruse the comic archives, but the interface is VERY buggy. It often gets into a state where, no matter what date you try to load, it just reloads whichever date you were looking at when you triggered the bug. Then you have to return to the home page and select your strip and target date all over again. A nuisance, but this is still a great app for all the strips it makes available.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 14, 2014
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ANDREWS MCMEEL UNIVERSAL, INC.
- © 2014 Universal Uclick
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- GoComics Pro (1 year)$11.99
- GoComics Pro (30 days)$0.99