By Andrews McMeel Universal, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want funny? Love comics? We've got your fix. The GoComics app, from Universal Uclick, is the mobile comics portal for many of the most popular comic strips worldwide. From iconic favorites like Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, Garfield, Doonesbury, Dilbert and Marmaduke to modern favorites like FoxTrot, The Boondocks, Big Nate, Pearls Before Swine and Get Fuzzy, we offer the most diverse set of comic strips and panels in one single app for FREE.
The content within this GoComics mobile application updates daily, bringing you the latest work from critically acclaimed creators, Pulitzer Prize-winning political cartoonists and the hottest up-and-coming talents.
Within the app, you have the ability to:
- Bookmark your favorite comics.
- Share comics via social media, e-mail and text/SMS (charges may apply).
- Access over 20 years of back issues of comic strips. Read the first-ever Calvin and Hobbes strips! Rediscover Charlie Brown and the Little Red-Headed Girl! Share FoxTrot with a younger generation! See Huey and Riley before The Boondocks became a cult classic!
- Leer en español. GoComics tiene más de 30 cómics que están disponibles para nuestros Españoles fans de habla.
- Read our liberal, moderate and conservative editorial/political cartoonists represent that all sides. Collectively, they have won more than 20 Pulitzer Prizes for editorial cartooning.
- Gain insight into the comics industry with our blog that's updated multiple times a week.
- Check out burgeoning cartoonists before they break out in our Comics Sherpa section.
What's New in Version 1.4.4
Updated comics feature information.
Swipe left to view more of the same comic
So the arrows take you to a completely different comic, but if you swipe left it'll keep you with the same comic just show you a different strip. Seems kind of backwards to me but it functions. I can't attest to the account issues others are having since I don't have one. I might need to get one though because it doesn't seem to save my place in each comic. I have to swipe through all the old comics to get to where I was at. There is a calendar to jump to a specific date, so I guess I can just remember my place and jump right to it.
It's not great, but it functions pretty well. I mean it's an app for comic strips. I doubt much money goes to it. I'm just glad there is one. I haven't had the app long so I haven't encountered any crashing or bugs yet. Will update if there are any issues.
Would be great if....
If were easier to use it would be wonderful. You would thinking clicking on the arrows would take you to the next comic by the artist but no, it takes you to a completely different comic. You have to use the calendar to browse more comics by the artist. That, to me, is not user friendly and not intuitive at all. I would love this app if they changed this. I would use the website on my phone, but these stupid spam alerts pop up continuously on their website.
Be nice to bookmark
Am happy with the price of the yearly subscription to get lots of comics on backlog. As for the app..
First, a "first comic" button needs to be added so I can access it without spinning the year month and day. I hope the feature of bookmarking will be added so I can return to it and continue reading. Right now I'm using the favorite button but that means I have to memorize the date and then do a couple of swipes going back to the comic and inputting the date.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 27, 2016
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 39.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ANDREWS MCMEEL UNIVERSAL, INC.
- © 2016 Universal Uclick
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GoComics Pro (1 year)$11.99
- GoComics Pro (30 days)$0.99