God of Blades
By White Whale Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One of the Best iPhone and iPad Games of 2012: Action- TouchArcade
Pocket Tactics' Action Game of the Year!
God of Blades now fills your iPhone 5 screen with gorgeous, sword-swinging pulp fantasy!
"The tortured, veiny world the art conjures and the surreal music it uses to bolster its paranoid sci-fi vibe are both riveting aspects that suck you into a surreal universe and doesn't let go."
8/10 Edge Magazine!
"God Of Blades enhances its glorious alien bloodshed with lavish presentation that blends the pulp sensibilities of paperback fantasy novels with the bizarre visions found on prog rock album covers."
4.5/5 148 Apps!
"There’s nothing quite like it on the App Store, and it's fun to boot. All hail God of Blades!"
"...there's not an inch of this game that isn't dripping with a strangely appealing other-worldly sheen."
A love-song to pulp fantasy tales of yore, 70s synth-prog-landscape oddities, and forgotten places, God of Blades is a gorgeous, visceral sidescrolling physics-based sword-fighting adventure.
See the trailer at http://www.whitewhalegames.com
Praise for God of Blades:
“Cripes. So many reasons to like this. The pulpy sci fi narrative, the prog rock lettering and album art backdrops, the spectral swordsmen and the fearsome sense of connection. God of Blades is pretty much glorious, basically.” - Christian Donlan, Hookshot Inc.
“...we were reminded of Shadow of the Beast for some reason – probably because of the music and the setting... that’s a very good thing.”- Chris Priestman, IndieGameMag
“The White Whale Games crew has gone above and beyond demonstrating their devotion to stories and literature, and [Loreseeker] is one of the most creative and brilliant ways they could have possibly conceived to get people to go to those incredible repositories of human knowledge known as libraries.” - Brad Hilderbrand, Gamezebo
“With their upcoming title God of Blades, the small indie developer has created an intriguing mashup of iOS genres.” - A.T. Faust III, AppAdvice.com
“God of Blades is dripping with style” - Jim Squires, Gamezebo
The dead king rises! Become a spectral warrior who has returned to defend his planet against a rampaging doom-cult and the devouring touch of the cosmic horrors they serve. Wrenching this world from the grasp of oblivion, the Nameless King wields phantom blades forged from the legends and heritage of a dying world.
Raise your blade, and rush into the darkness!
BATTLE ACROSS AN ALIEN WORLD
- 10 Breathtaking, handcrafted environments (Retina display supported!) and art inspired by pulp novel covers, classic RPG modules, and 1970s rock
- Extensive Campaign mode includes gorgeous cinematics and an epic story in the tradition of fantasy sagas past.
WIELD A GODLIKE ARSENAL
- An array of unlockable weapons, each with a unique look, feel, power, and history— learn their tales and develop your own fighting strategies. Banish your enemies to other dimensions, cover them in flames, slow time to achieve impossible blows, summon raging storms, coat them in soul-devouring worms and more!
- Addictive, emergent, physics-driven combat makes every duel unique—shatter weapons, armor, and send your foes flying. No two duels are the same.
A WAR THAT NEVER ENDS
- Climb the leaderboards! Eternal mode offers white-knuckle survival gameplay- how long can you last the different warriors that comprise the void-crazed horde?
- Pit your swordfighting prowess against the monstrous Voidchosen—procedurally generated master warriors.
- Stellar aural experience, featuring tremendous sound design, and an album-length score reminiscent of 60s/70s fantasy and horror films
EXPLORE YOUR WORLD, CHALLENGE THE DARKNESS
- Unlock select weapons by visiting real world libraries, using our innovative feature, Loreseeker.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
* New blade to unlock: Hallow
* Link to new eBook Hand of the Sable King
* Follow us on Twitter
* Follow us on Facebook
Unique, fun, and highly polished
Serious effort put into graphically blowing you away with gameplay that is surprisingly intricate, this one is a must buy. The music is also suitably epic, and while the plot is a bit weak, it's far more than most runners. The whole swordplay aspect works more like fencing than anything, where you have to learn your different opponents to perfect the timings, particularly with all of the different weapons. The enemies could probably use a bit more variation, though, and it seems to get quite repetitive after a while.
The music in particular reminds me of SGX (Danny Adler) and is totally kickass.
While I agree with the previous review about three things that would improve it, WOW this game is awesome. Great concept all the way around. The visuals are really cool and the gameplay is great for a runner. I especially like the occasional slow motion death blows with sword and/or bodies going airborne. I wonder what the production costs are for a game like this, and how many artists worked on it. Worth it.
Awesome game and soundtrack
This game is stellar. I highly recommend it. It's easy to pick up and enjoy, with a cool but optional story, spectacular art, and one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in an ios game. Runs really well on my 4S. The music is dark and proggy and the art is really elaborate. This well designed game deserves your money. I can only hope for more from this great dev.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 02, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 147 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: White Whale Games, LLC
- © 2012 White Whale Games LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).