By Seagate Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
Please visit our app support site for articles, videos, and more at the Seagate Media Support (Developer) website.
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
Add usage description for privacy-sensitive data
This app needs an overhaul!
The graphical user interface could definitely use an updated look/refresh & layout for iOS 10. Some tasks that should be easy, take too many steps to accomplish. For example Instead of just tapping on one or more photos, or videos from the cloud drive, and simply copying it straight to the iPad/iPhone's camera roll, You have to select what you want, select actions, and select download, to find it doesn't actually download that file straight to your iPad/iPhone's photos, you have to select share, which by the way for some reason won't let you select more than one picture or video at a time, which is very frustrating. When viewing pictures in landscape mode, they aren't centered, instead they are displayed in the bottom left hand corner with part of the picture cut off. Also, when trying to stream photos or videos to a device such as a tv, it freezes on that device and does not constantly update what's being displayed on the Seagate app.
Enjoying this app
It did take me some time to figure everything out, as it seemed complicated. I had to have my grandson show me how to upload from my phone to the hard drive. Once he did, it didn't seem so bad, but then there seems to be to many steps to do to get them talking to each other. I am still liking it though.
Latest version works fine as picture backup. A couple of thumbnails show up as upside down but right themselves when opened.
Remote access setup is tricky and needs better instructions on setup (including Tappen license limits) and trouble shooting, e.g. Sea gate Central off line according to Tappen web portal yet remote access is selected still on.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 17, 2016
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 98.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2016 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.