By Seagate Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
• Directly access your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps to create, edit, and save files
• Improved device discovery and remote access performance for Seagate Personal Cloud devices
• Updated casting performance for Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, and Amazon Fire TV
• Enabled firmware upgrade capability for Seagate Wireless/Plus devices from within Seagate Media App
• Squashed bugs in the process
The previous release included:
• New casting options for Xbox One and Sonos devices
• Updated Casting code for improved support for Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TV
• Various enhancements and fixes
Note: Users of iOS 7 and earlier were able to stream iTunes-purchased content to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch from their Seagate devices (a function within the Safari browser authorizes playback of protected files).
Works but security issue.
Me personally; like to secure all my devices, especially hard-drives. After buying the drive, I did a full encryption with password protection on the drive which took a really long time since I got the 2TB. Using the bit locker allowed me to protect the drive when plugging to any PC which would require password to access the drive. On my iPad or iPhone I was able to connect the drive with its wifi. Here is the issue and reason I give this a bad rating. When I tried to use the seagate media app; wouldn't detect the drive at all through the app. So I decided to decrypt the entire drive and then the media app was able to detect my drive. Yes I was able to setup the wifi password protection through the app from anyone accessing my drive wirelessly. However my drive still can be accessed with usb directly plugged in to any device-since it's not password protected anymore due to decrypting the drive and removing password protection with bit locker. Seagate what's your solution for this??? Personally I think-- a updated is needed with giving users the option to password protect the drive totally even if it's being used via usb and not just offer lock option with wifi only. Main reason I bought this wireless drive was to get extra storage for iPad and use the app. Now I gotta watch where I leave my drive since anyone can take it a view the content with usb which is very disappointing.
Works Great but...
I would have given it 5 stars but just recently (3 days ago) I downloaded 2 video's that were on my Mac BooK Pro to my Seagate Personal Cloud so I could watch it on my Apple IPAD. It showed up on my computer that it was loaded, but I could not find it on my IPAD. I am going to re-do it again tomorrow and see if it works. If not I will call Seagate to see what to do. I load a lot of videos on to the Personal Cloud and it always works so I am confident that this issue will be resolved. (My pPersonal cloud is only about 14 % full so I know that is not the issue)
Seagate wireless App works GREAT!
I've had the wireless drive for quite a while now, using it to backup mostly pictures from my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB. I never thought I'd get enough apps or media on my iPhone, but I've only got ~20GB available on it, Oh my! So I'm backing up / moving my pictures over to the wireless drive to free some space up and it's working great! I especially liked that it "Phoned Home" and had an update to install, which it did on its own, all I had to do was shut it down to restart and finish the update. Pretty slick app folks!!
I'm very happy with the app and don't understand it only has two or three stars, very disappointing! I hope the folks were reviewing the app note the hardware itself or complain about their tech support or any other thing that has nothing to do with the app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 11, 2016
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 82.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2016 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.