By Seagate Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Seagate Media app gives you access to all the photos, videos, music, and documents stored on your compatible Seagate storage devices.
With the option to navigate with classic file/folder view, thumbnails or a range of filters, it’s easy to find exactly what you are looking for in your media library.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device, no Internet needed
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Be sure to enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network
• Automatically back up pictures and videos from your mobile device
• Stream media to Chromecast, LG Smart TVs and Roku devices
• Support for third-party media players allows you to stream videos with other apps installed on your device
• Synchronize your files on Dropbox and/or Google Drive*
*requires an Internet connection, only available on Personal Cloud and Wireless Plus devices
The following devices are support by this app:
•Seagate Wireless Plus
•Seagate Personal Cloud
•Seagate GoFlex Satellite
What's New in Version 220.127.116.11
Due to issues in iOS 8, iTunes purchased videos cannot be played. We are working on a solution.
What's new in this release?
• Improved performance when accessing files remotely from Seagate Personal Cloud devices
• We also squashed a few small bugs in the process
In previous release:
• New casting options - cast to Xbox One and Sonos devices
• Now sorts by track in Album view (was sorting alphabetical by title)
• Added Infuse as 3rd party player for unsupported videos (need to have Infuse installed, to use this function)
• Updated Casting code for Chromecast, Roku, LG TV
• Support for 64-bit devices
• Various enhancements / fixes
Still doesn't work.
So you bought the seagate wireless to watch movies on your iOS devices right. To stream to multiple devices at once while, say on a road trip with family or traveling yourself? Ha ha! Sucker!!! You got ripped off.
Of course they don't say on your seagate wireless box that since iOS 8 update the device isn't compatible anymore right? Well iOS 9 is right around the corner and "stealgate" still hasn't fixed the issue since iOS 8.1, up to iOS 8.4+. How much longer does it take?
You got ripped off take your product back and get your money back. The device doesn't work as promised when you purchased it, or for the reason you purchased it in the first place. So go get you $200 back and spend it on a product that does as advertised, which stealgate, er seagate doesn't do.
New update is Terrible! Don't download !!
I had the seagate wireless pro for 7 months and it was working great without any problems until I updated the app and the firmware. I mainly use this app for music - I liked that I could customize each folder to show cd art. Now it's bland with the same blue folder look. I still cannot connect to the Internet from within the seagate app. It is not a major problem for me but the product is not working as advertised. Before I purchased seagate I did my research and seagate was by far the best. I can't say that anymore. Fix it asap.
Works great but I see that this app needs major improvement with allowing movies to run in the background using AirPlay. I also noticed that you cannot display your videos to an older tv. It doesn't support good old fashion Apple composite AV cable. Last but not least the ability to turn on or off independently the wifi signal on the Seagate Wireless HDD without going to setting first. Please fix and 2 stars will change.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Size: 33.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2015 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.