By Seagate Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Seagate Media app gives you access to all the photos, videos, music, and documents stored on your compatible Seagate storage devices.
With the option to navigate with classic file/folder view, thumbnails or a range of filters, it’s easy to find exactly what you are looking for in your media library.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device, no Internet needed
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Be sure to enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network
• Automatically back up pictures and videos from your mobile device
• Stream media to Chromecast, LG Smart TVs and Roku devices
• Support for third-party media players allows you to stream videos with other apps installed on your device
• Synchronize your files on Dropbox and/or Google Drive*
*requires an Internet connection, only available on Personal Cloud and Wireless Plus devices
The following devices are support by this app:
•Seagate Wireless Plus
•Seagate Personal Cloud
•Seagate GoFlex Satellite
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
Due to issues in iOS 8, iTunes purchased videos cannot be played. We are working on a solution.
What's new in this release?
• Improved performance when accessing files remotely from Seagate Personal Cloud devices
• We also squashed a few small bugs in the process
In previous release:
• New casting options - cast to Xbox One and Sonos devices
• Now sorts by track in Album view (was sorting alphabetical by title)
• Added Infuse as 3rd party player for unsupported videos (need to have Infuse installed, to use this function)
• Updated Casting code for Chromecast, Roku, LG TV
• Support for 64-bit devices
• Various enhancements / fixes
Not the best. Work harder!
It works, but it has improvement areas. It is great to have remote access to your media files, it scans and categorizes the type of files (music, photos, videos) by itself. Music plays well, pictures load ok (I wish it was faster), sometimes you have to download videos instead of streaming them (I guess it needs more decoders).
Thumbnails are repeated in different videos, the new interface is not very intuitive, mac hidden folders can be seen (you shouldn't for a regular user), your sort and view preferences are reset every time you open the app, when you go to previous screen it takes you to the top instead of remembering where you were at, etc.
Still doesn't work.
So you bought the seagate wireless to watch movies on your iOS devices right. To stream to multiple devices at once while, say on a road trip with family or traveling yourself? Ha ha! Sucker!!! You got ripped off.
Of course they don't say on your seagate wireless box that since iOS 8 update the device isn't compatible anymore right? Well iOS 9 is right around the corner and "stealgate" still hasn't fixed the issue since iOS 8.1, up to iOS 8.4+. How much longer does it take?
You got ripped off take your product back and get your money back. The device doesn't work as promised when you purchased it, or for the reason you purchased it in the first place. So go get you $200 back and spend it on a product that does as advertised, which stealgate, er seagate doesn't do.
After 2 years
Ok, I have to say I use and abuse this app and the wifi-HD every night. It still works and I can enjoy all my shows. Plus, I can use another app with the drive, but it is not any better than this app.
Any drive and app that can do that every night is a good thing. I recommend these products.
This is the second year and everything still works. I did the latest update and the Ios 9 update, and it all works ok.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Size: 33.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Seagate Technologies LLC
- © 2015 Seagate Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.