Goings On: The New Yorker
By The New Yorker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GOINGS ON is a guide to the best of New York City’s cultural life, from the editors of The New Yorker.
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
• Events: Browse listings by category—movies, art, night life, theatre, dance, classical music, readings—and see our critics’ and editors’ recommendations.
• Restaurant and bar reviews from the magazine.
• Excursions: New Yorker writers share some of their favorite places in the city.
• Audio tours: Emily Nussbaum guides you through favorite Brooklyn’s TV locations; Alex Ross leads a magical mystery tour of the Upper West Side’s music history; Calvin Trillin eats in and around Chinatown.
• @GOINGSON: Our best ideas on what to do tonight and every night, via Twitter.
• My Favorites: Save event listings and recommendations to your own favorites file.
• Nearby: An interactive map with events and restaurants in the neighborhood.
• Share listings and recommendations with your friends via e-mail and social media.
• Save events to your phone's calendar.
ABOUT THE NEW YORKER
The New Yorker offers a signature mix of reporting and commentary on politics, international affairs, and the arts, along with fiction, poetry, humor, and cartoons. Founded in 1925, The New Yorker has set the standard for cultural coverage, and has received more National Magazine Awards than any other magazine.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- Fixes bugs that caused app crashing
- Improves app load time
- Map functionality on Food & Drink pages
This app runs okay, but is not very useful in selecting events. It needs:
1. Calendar search to show only events for a given day.
2. Text size control; it is too big on an iPad.
I found it useful, and no trouble with crashing!
This app loads and refreshes every time on 8.1.2. Even the links work.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 13, 2014
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 19.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New Yorker
- © 2014 Condé Nast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.