Your personal assistant for outdoor photography.
Featured by Apple on „Apps that we love”, from FStooper he got "seal of approval", selected by NoFilmSchool.com as "Coolest Filmmaking Gadget of 2016".
GoldenHour.One helps you to find the best time, place and weather for your outdoor pictures. GoldenHour.one knows in advance your chance for a good photo. It can predict the light, sky and moon indexes from local weather forecast anywhere in the world.
= Exceptional Features =
• Sky Index - shows you a chance for dramatic sky,
• Light Index - shows a chance for portraits landscape and architecture photos.
• Moon Index - shows a chance for moon photo.
• One quick glance and you know, if you go to take a photo or not.
Select any place on the map and GoldenHour.One will show you the sun position during the golden hour.
If the sun is not where you have imagined, you can either move the pin to a new position or use the slider to pick another date when the sun is in the desired position.
GHO won’t let you miss any opportunity.
Pick any event you would like to be reminded of and GoldenHour.One will remind you in advance.
= Features =
• Clean and easy to use interface
• Golden and blue hour
• Moon hour - best time for moon photo
• Sky Index - predicting the chance for a dramatic photo of sunrise or sunset.
• Light Index - predicting conditions for portraits panoramas and architecture.
• Moon Index - predicting conditions for moon photo.
•5-day photography specific weather forecast.
• Unique weather descriptions from a photographer's perspective - knows what to expect when taking a photo.
• Visual search on the map: move the pin as you need it.
• Find the best place for your photo on the map.
• Check the line of sight of the sun and moon for any date and time.
• Map compass mode.
• List of favorite locations and events for future use.
• Time/direction of the sun and moon rise/set.
• View azimuth and altitude of the sun/moon for any time of day/night
• Moon phase, age and illumination.
• Civil, nautical and astronomical twilight.
• Celestial events including moon phases, lunar eclipse and solar eclipse
• Network connection not required for rise/set time, azimuths and sun/moon position
• Automatic time zone detection.
• Elevation above sea level.
• Distance, bearings and elevation angle between any two points
• Works everywhere. Worldwide.
• A beautifully crafted visual experience.
I am interested in your opinions and ideas; you can send me them directly from the app.
They wrote about us:
Fstoppers.com, KodakIT, LifeHacker.com, DigitalTrends.com, DigiFotoPro.nl, Snapmunk.com, techjo.jp …
".... GoldenHour.One gets the Fstoppers seal of approval." - Fstoppers.com
"Finding perfect light has never been easier - we are loving this golden hour app for photographers" - KodakIt.com
"Coolest Filmmaking Gadget of 2016" - NoFilmSchool.com
"The app serves as a great tool to plan shots with the perfect light conditions" - iThinkDifferent.com
"Overall, it’s one of the best designed and most thoroughly thought out golden hour apps available." - DigitalTrends.com
Olivier Sarbil, photojournalist, war reporter
"Good help with GoldenHour.One app to get right time and place for shooting at the golden hour."
Adam Batchelor, director of photography
"Testing the app GoldenHour.One it's done a great job at pinpointing the perfect time and place to get that Terrence Malick style shot."
"This is a must for photographer at all levels! Lots of functionalities and alerts! Recommend!"
Improvements in version 2.0.1
– remodelled localisation
– label “Sunset” and “Sunrise” appears correctly
– switch in the way of displaying numbers on the dial
– added lines description in the map
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app!
This app has proved itself to be very useful. I've lost count of how often I have wasted my time and energy to get to a location to shoot a sunrise or sunset only to be let down by a boring sky. This app won't guarantee you a great shot, but it will greatly improve your odds. I highly recommend. My only question is: how do you generate revenue, with no IAPs and no ads?
Update: lowering my review. Too many times I’ve left my camera at home because this app said “forget it. Overcast” only to find stunning clouds filling the sky. My window would be a better predictor if there wasn’t a giant tree in front of it.
Good little app
I haven’t tried the weather portion of the app, but for looking up the golden hour based on location it works fine for me. I am not a professional photographer, but when I travel I like to use it try to get a better shot than I might have normally.
I pull this app out most often while in the wilderness, and it doesn't work there because it requires internet.
This app is basically one large math equation that should be able to run on the iPhone. Even a slightly less accurate "offline mode" would be better than it's current broken form.
In off-line mode, the application displays times (gold and blue hour) only for saved places. Other features (maps, indexes) require on-line data and therefore do not work. The application can not display times for the current position. For the correct calculations it needs a time zone. Unfortunately, all off-line ways to determine the time zone make many mistakes. Therefore, the gold and blue watch can not be displayed for the current position.
When you go out into the wilderness, save your planned places to favorites.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.