Golf GPS Range Finder Simple
By Bryan Thornbury
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Simple, Accurate, and Reliable Golf GPS Range Finder. Quickly calculate the distance to any point on the golf course. No need to download course maps, works with maps and GPS technology to give you quick, accurate results.
* See the premium version for no annoying ads *
Easiest and most effective Golf GPS for iOS! You Get:
* A GPS Rangefinder with accuracy rivaling any other app
* A Birds-Eye view of the hole you are playing on ANY COURSE IN THE WORLD.
* Zoom in/out and touch anywhere to get distance from you to that point.
* Easily plan multiple shots by tapping more than once.
* Press the bottom button to start measuring how far you nailed that ball down the fairway!
NO clutter or unnecessary features. This app gives you only the information you need to take a few strokes off your game.
Tried and tested on the golf course, this app will help you bring your game to the next level without breaking the bank on an expensive rangefinder. All of the accuracy without the cost.
The Maps will let you easily see all course markers and obstacles. Measure the distance from yourself to any point with only one tap. Tap again and measure the distance from that point. Easily plan out all of your shots and knock a couple strokes off your game.
* Measure multiple distances to plan out your shots
* Zoom back to your location with one button tap
* Easily clear all measurements
* Switch between Yards, Feet, Meters, Miles, and Kilometers
* Easily find how far you hit the Golf Ball with the bottom button.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Updated UI to fit correctly on newer devices.
- Updated to comply with app store policies
- User placed points are retained when settings are changed
- Fixed an intermittent crash
Best app, but struggling with GPS accuracy.
I have been relying on this app to give me yardage on about 6 rounds of golf. I love the ease of use of this app. Open the app, there I am - no digging through choosing the course and hole or clicking to view map. I don't want to log every shot, I just need occasionally yardage help. Outstanding versatility with shot planning.
But recently, I was standing at the tees on a par 3 and noticed the app showed me 26 yards away from where I was actually standing. This explains why so many of my other shots were way off. I thought I was hitting them poorly, but it was just the lack of accuracy. This may be due to the limitations of my iPhone 6+. Sometimes my position is accurate however. The map allows me to click anywhere to get yardage so I look for landmarks which is not always easy. At the Ravines, the golf cart GPS and my app were mostly off by 10+ yards. With more GPS accuracy, this app would be perfect.
Best Golf App
I can't say enough good things about this golf app. It's so simple, has all the features you need, and none of the ones you don't. It saves my battery on the course too! Highly recommended!
Not intuitive to use
Not very intuitive to use. Very simple distance calculator. There are other free apps that include golf database which you will know the distance from where you are standing to the next hole
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 24, 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 43.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bryan Thornbury
- © 2017 Bryan Thornbury
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.