Golf GPS by SwingxSwing
By Swing by Swing Golf, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SwingxSwing is the top-performing, free golf GPS rangefinder & scorecard app in the world, with 4 million registered users around the globe!
This is not a "trial" version with "limited functionality" -- it is FREE FOR LIFE and extremely accurate, reliable, and battery-efficient, rivaling any other golf GPS app or expensive golf GPS handheld or watch on the market!
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD
* GPS rangefinder that works on every course in the world with distance to center of green and every obstacle on the course
* Digital scorecard that easily tracks your score & putts and automatically advances from hole-to-hole
* Free handicap after posting scores for three rounds
* On-the-course gaming including stroke play and skins gaming
* Tee time booking with our integrated partner, TeeOff by PGA Tour, with NO booking fees
* Personalized online account to enter past scores, share with your friends, and view recent scores, your path around the course, stats, graphs, uploaded photos and more
* Apple Watch, Android Wear and Pebble integrations - beam distances from the app to your wrist and keep score and track shots too!
WHY WE WERE THE MOST DOWNLOADED GPS APP IN THE WORLD IN 2016
* Reliable and easy to use - one tap and you’re playing
* Constantly improving with updates, new functionality, and new technology
* Commitment to user satisfaction with quick, reliable customer service via email or web
* 100% dedication by the developers who created the first version of the app years ago
* Community-built course database: the app works on every course in the world, but if a course is not mapped for play, the user can add or edit it easily online
OWN YOUR GAME AND UPGRADE TO LOOPER
For only $4.99 per month or $19.99 per year, you can upgrade to Looper, our on-the-course virtual caddie. With additional technology and functionality, you can truly own your game with Looper, which includes the following stroke-saving features:
* Real-time wind speed, elevation and “plays like” distance
* Club tracking to measure distance for every club in your bag with club recommendations during your round
* Improved distances to green with five distances across each green from front-to-back
* Enhanced scorecards with score, putts, driver accuracy, bunker play, and penalty tracking
* Additional on-the-course games with handicap-adjusted matches & competitions such as Stableford, Match Play, Nassau, and Syndicates
* NEW Looper benefits from SwingxSwing’s premium partners like PGA TOUR Live, Carl’s Golfland, TeeOff by PGA TOUR, and Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy! Annual subscribers will receive more than 3x their money back in coupons and benefits for subscribing! Monthly subscribers who subscribe for 6 months or more also will be receive these new benefits!
Payment for in-app Looper subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by you, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.0.39
Front and back of green distances are now displayed with center of green distance. Check your course at http://swingbyswing.com to make sure it is fully mapped. Also fixed several iOS 11 bugs which were causing crashes.
Missing one feature
I have used this app for a full year and have recommended it to all my buddies. It is a great app! I would rate this app with 5 stars except I think it needs one feature added. I would like to be able to manually enter club distances. I sometimes forget to tag a club or I fail to finish the distance until I move to the next shot. I often know the distance, but just don't get it entered. Being able to manually enter my distances would ensure that I get more accurate club data. Please add this feature.
Additionally, the Apple Watch version needs some work. For instance, the app automatically goes to the scoring screen when near the green. However, if you leave that screen, to finish tracking a shot for example, there's no way to go back to the scoring screen. Also, there is no way to delete a tracked shot if you shank one and decide not to track it. If you have already entered the club, you have to delete it from your phone. In fact, I still have to keep my phone within easy reach, because the phone app version is so much more user friendly. I could not accurately score a round with just the watch.
I would also like to see the Apple Watch version use its own GPS and not the phone’s. I think this would improve the speed of the app since it’s slower than other apps I have tried.
One more thing. It would be nice if the Apple Watch version would automatically track a golf workout in the Workout app
Please upgrade. Thanks.
Calculating sand saves
I love this app and have been using it for five years. My only complaint is the way it calculates sand saves. The sand saves should be calculated the same way the tour players do it. It should only apply to greenside bunkers, and any up and down out of a greenside bunker is considered a sand save regardless if it is for par or not. The way it should work is like this: A player would only mark he was in the bunker if it was a greenside bunker. If he says yes to sand and has a one putt, that would be considered a sand save.
Apple Watch part is almost great
I have an Apple Watch 3. When you lift the watch to see the yardage, which is thee killer feature, it takes a while to "wake up" and settle on a yardage. It's just enough to be annoying.
Great things, though? Entering scores on your watch. Seeing the hole layout and planning your attack with touch on the phone. And yardage in your watch. Even though it takes a bit too long.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 22, 2017
- Version: 5.0.39
- Size: 63.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Swing by Swing Golf, Inc.
- © 2013 Swing by Swing Golf
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Looper Premium Membership$3.99
- Looper Premium Membership$3.99
- Looper Premium Membership$19.99
- Looper Premium Membership$24.99