SwingU is the top-performing, free golf GPS rangefinder & scorecard app in the world, with more than 4.5 million users around the globe!
This is not a "trial" version with "limited functionality" -- it is FREE FOR LIFE and extremely accurate, reliable, and battery-efficient, rivaling any other golf GPS app or expensive golf GPS handheld or watch on the market!
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD
* GPS rangefinder that works on every course in the world with distances to greens (front, middle and back) and every obstacle on the course
* Digital scorecard that easily tracks your score & putts and automatically advances hole-to-hole
* Free handicap after posting scores for three rounds
* On-the-course games including stroke play and skins
* Daily golf instruction tip from our team of top-100 instructors
* Apple Watch integration - get distances, keep score and track shots too!
WHY DO MILLIONS OF GOLFERS USE OUR APP?
* Reliable and easy to use - one tap and you’re playing
* Constantly improving with new functionality and new technology
* Commitment to user satisfaction with quick, reliable customer service
* Community-built course database: works on every course in the world
UPGRADE TO LOOPER FOR A COMPLETE DIGITAL CADDIE EXPERIENCE!
Upgrade to Looper, our AI-powered digital caddie. With additional technology and functionality, you can truly own your game with Looper, which includes the following stroke-saving features:
* Real-time wind speed, elevation and “plays like” distance
* Shot tracking to measure club distance with club recommendations during your round
* Improved distances to green with five distances across each green from front-to-back
* Enhanced scorecards with score, putts, driver accuracy, bunker play, and penalty tracking
* Additional on-the-course games with handicap-adjusted matches & competitions such as Stableford, Match Play, Nassau, and Syndicates
* Looper benefits from our premium partners including Golf Gadgets, Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy, The 19th Hole Golf Shop and more!
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM FOR PERSONALIZED INSTRUCTION & TRAINING!
SwingU is the ONLY 1-on-1 golf instruction app in the world, offering personal coaching from the SwingU team AND a massive library of drills used by major winners!
* One (1) personalized lesson per month with scorecard & performance analysis, customized to your skill level and goals
* Exclusive library of 500+ drills and lessons from top-100 teachers including Stan Utley, Gary Gilchrist, Jim Hardy & Chris O’Connell, Jason Sutton and more
* Film, save and categorize your golf swings inside your own swing locker
* ALL Looper features
Monthly and yearly subscription upgrades are available. Payment for in-app subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by you, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
We’re proud to offer the SwingU app with no third party ads. As a registered user, you'll be subscribed to the world’s top golf daily newsletter which includes promotions from our partners. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Minor bug fixes related to handicap and advanced scorecard features.
Ratings and Reviews
App functionality is weak at times
I have experienced several “simple functionality” issues during my 1st 3 rounds with the App = crashes requiring rebooting my iphone, lockup when trying to use the layup function (sometimes fixed itself after a few minutes of “ignoring the problem” i.e. = didn’t use the App & had to guess on distances to preferred landing zone... BAD), difficulty “finding” simple features like “Tee selection” for the round (how about an option in settings for “preferred tee” - if the tee is NOT SELECTED at the start of the round it seems to be IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE = BAD... some examples of a need for a more FLEXIBLE & EASIER TO NAVIGATE interface.
I don’t want to be a rocket scientist to figure out “HOW” to find “WHERE” & “when” to make a change - frustrating, on an otherwise good App with some very useful information on the “Hole GPS screen”! However, I am not yet convinced that this info is in fact accurate & useful, ex. = “plays like x yards”, helpful a bit, but sometimes bordering on “NO that isn’t going to work & my decision for club selection actually did work”.
Bottom Line... Functionality of GPS is fast, but somewhat inconsistent on reliability. User interface needs to be improved for “Setting changes” = more flexible? Layup feature, especially, needs improvement on functionality & reliability of loading - I want the answer NOW, not a few minutes from now when the players following are getting irritated!!!
Developer Response ,
I apologize for any issues you experienced, and the app has been updated a few times to improve the overall experience. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you are still seeing the same issues. If you have any questions going forward, please let us know, email@example.com
Missing one feature
I have used this app for a full year and have recommended it to all my buddies. It is a great app! I would rate this app with 5 stars except I think it needs one feature added. I would like to be able to manually enter club distances. I sometimes forget to tag a club or I fail to finish the distance until I move to the next shot. I often know the distance, but just don't get it entered. Being able to manually enter my distances would ensure that I get more accurate club data. Please add this feature.
Additionally, the Apple Watch version needs some work. For instance, the app automatically goes to the scoring screen when near the green. However, if you leave that screen, to finish tracking a shot for example, there's no way to go back to the scoring screen. Also, there is no way to delete a tracked shot if you shank one and decide not to track it. If you have already entered the club, you have to delete it from your phone. In fact, I still have to keep my phone within easy reach, because the phone app version is so much more user friendly. I could not accurately score a round with just the watch.
I would also like to see the Apple Watch version use its own GPS and not the phone’s. I think this would improve the speed of the app since it’s slower than other apps I have tried.
One more thing. It would be nice if the Apple Watch version would automatically track a golf workout in the Workout app
Please upgrade. Thanks.
Developer Response ,
HI: If you would send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be glad to respond to your suggestions and questions. Thank you
I have tried most of them and this is the one I have landed on for the past 2 years. I have logged over 130 rounds with it so I believe i have a really good idea what the program can do. The basic app is great for scorecard a d putts per round. You can also measure your shot, but not save data. To unlock the full potential you need to upgrade to Looper. Yes their is an annual fee but if you are serious about tracking where you are going it is far cheaper than one lesson. You can track multiple stats, measure AND SAVE distances with each club in your bag. It also will give you advice on shots based on wind conditions and using average distances charted (be careful and dont use in usga events). I have found yardage’s are spot in although if Verizon is your carrier sometimes a few yards off from time to time but that is Verizon not the program. All in All i have found this to be top of the class in this space !!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the great review! We're thrilled you are having a great experience using SwingxSwing. Keep hittin' em straight!
- Swing by Swing Golf, Inc.
- 189.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Swing by Swing Golf
- In-App Purchases
- Looper - Monthly $3.99
- Looper - Monthly Membership $3.99
- Looper - Yearly $23.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.