June 7th, 1995. 1:15 AM
You arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty. Something's not right. Where is everyone? And what's happened here? Unravel the mystery for yourself in Gone Home, a story exploration game from The Fullbright Company.
Gone Home is an interactive exploration simulator. Interrogate every detail of a seemingly normal house to discover the story of the people who live there. Open any drawer and door. Pick up objects and examine them to discover clues. Uncover the events of one family's lives by investigating what they've left behind.
Go Home Again.
A Personal Story: Created by veterans of the BioShock series and the story team behind Minerva's Den, Gone Home offers the rich, nuanced details of one family's struggles to deal with uncertainty, heartache, and change.
An Immersive Place: Return to the 1990s by visiting a home where every detail has been carefully recreated, and the sounds of a rainstorm outside wrap you in the experience.
No Combat, No Puzzles: Gone Home is a nonviolent and puzzle-free experience, inviting you to play at your own pace without getting attacked, stuck, or frustrated. This house wants you to explore it.
Fully Interactive Investigation: Discover what's happened to the Greenbriars by examining a house full of the family's personal possessions, and the notes and letters they've left behind. Use your powers of observation to piece together a story that unfolds as you explore.
Behind-The-Scenes Commentary: Over 90 minutes of commentary by the developers, musicians, and voice talent behind Gone Home. Access Commentary mode by clicking the Modifiers button when starting a new game!
Thank you for playing Gone Home!
This build includes minor bug fixes, performance improvements, and the addition of the Gone Home iMessage Sticker Pack!
Ratings and Reviews
Firstly, I don’t ever write reviews but I really felt compelled to for this game. It was my first time ever playing and I loved it! The attention to detail, audio, just everything about it was so good! My only “complaint” is that it isn’t longer! I got so hooked that I completed it in one sitting. Really good job to everyone involved in the making of this game.
A bit boring...
I liked the concept of going around and exploring the house to figure out what happened. But, the story turned out to be pretty plain imo and doesn’t make sense why Sam (the missing girl in the story) didn’t just tell the main character on the note on the door why she left instead of in the letter at the end after going through the whole house. I think it would have been more interesting if the story had more of a scifi bent. Pretty forgettable.
Cool game but needs improvement
The graphics are great and I find the game intriguing but walking around to explore is insanely difficult. The controls make it absolutely no sense. They need to add an arrow navigator that users can tap on to go forward, backward, up and down. How it is now with touching the screen, I find myself spinning in circles and barely able to get around.
Also this game is a battery KILLER.
- Annapurna Games, LLC
- 722.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © The Fullbright Company™, Gone Home®, and the Fullbright Light Bulb Logo are trademarks of The Fullbright Company LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.