Good Fences is a fiendishly difficult solitaire game that combines Sudoku-like logical deduction with geometric intuition and spatial reasoning. The idea is simple: build a Good Fence by surrounding a shape with copies of itself. Sound easy? Well, OK, sometimes we throw in a gimme to lull you into a false sense of security. But can you then completely surround a shape using the smallest possible number of copies? How about the largest possible number? And if you can do that, can you also build a fence around your fence, that is, a second level of surround? You'll discover that some of these challenges require persistence and ingenuity.
Good Fences is a virtual book of over 100 puzzle shapes, adding up to over 400 individual challenges. It will provide many hours of frustration, torment, mental exhaustion, stimulation, entertainment, and, ultimately, redemption. The interface is easy to use, and the colours are bright and friendly. The app doesn't display ads or otherwise consume internet bandwidth, and has no in-app purchases or upgrades.
For full instructions on how to play, please visit http://isohedral.net/goodfences.
* The game now remembers the state of the board for every puzzle. You can work on a puzzle for a while, return to it later, and find your tiles right where you left them.
* Similarly, the game remembers your current best attempts at MAX and MIN, whether you've achieved those goals or not. Just tap on the MAX and MIN badges to jump back to your solution-in-progress.
* Menu levels now show small arrows to indicate that there are more puzzles to scroll to.
* The "fling" gesture is gone! While dragging a tile, you'll see a small recycling logo appear in the corner of the screen. Drag the tile onto the logo to discard it.
* Numerous small performance and stability improvements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.