In every issue of Good Housekeeping, you'll find the best beauty and style tips from experts, triple-tested recipes, simple diet plans, professional home ideas, product reviews, and more!
Subscribe now and get INSTANT access to the latest issue! Don't forget, you can also get free access to issues with a timed preview (on your iPhone, too!).
Plus, share app content with your favorite social networks. Using a simple two-finger tap, actual images of the content itself are “clipped” and can be sent directly to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest, or via email or saved to your photo roll.
Download our free app today! Select the issue you'd like to purchase, or sign up with a subscription and save!
• Single issue purchase available for $3.99, no automatic renewal.
• 1-month subscription available for $1.99, automatically renewed until cancelled.
• 1-year subscription available for $19.99, automatically renewed until cancelled.
When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.
Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can also turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Please note that you must have iOS 9.0 or higher installed on your device to use this app.
Good Housekeeping Magazine US Pricing:
• Single Issue Price - USD $3.99*
• Subscription 1 Month - USD 1.99*
• Subscription 1 Year - USD 19.99*
* For non-US app stores, the equivalent currency charges will apply.
Please note: App subscriptions do not include access to subscription-only content on our website.
Additional Subscription Information:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Update today for stability improvements and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as good as it could be
I have read Good Housekeeping in the past and downloaded the Jan. 2012 issue because I was curious. It seems that the publishers have simply taken the print version and reduced the page size to fit on the iPad screen, rather than configure the page layout to take advantage of the iPad. The result is blurry text that is difficult to read. I have never had to complain about small text before, so this is a first. I feel it is a waste to pinch zoom for a magazine that is "made" for the iPad. It gives you a pin hole view of the page with a lot of scrolling. I would not buy this magazine again in the iPad format, as it was not pleasurable to read. It is a shame because because I really like having all my content in one place, and saving a tree while I am at it.
While I am not an Oprah fanatic, her magazine is a really great example of configuring content to the iPad. It is much more enjoyable to read in the online format.
The previous version was great! This app has ruined my digital magazine experience! Writing to them about it was another horrible experience with having to repeat myself to them over and over about the app problems. I kept getting robot answers! The pages load like a slow webpage. The ad pages are so touchy that I have to concentrate as to how I touch the screen, because if the ad opens, I can't get it to close and have to go all the way out and back in, sometimes to the same thing. I've deleted the app a couple times and have to start the magazine issue over...still getting problems.
Not sure what the thoughts were in doing this to the app, but CHANGE IT BACK! I'm considering cancelling my subscription or going back to print. The app is more trouble than it's worth!
Some digital features needed.
Please add some features like the ability to bookmark and mark fav pages. I would like to go back to certain ideas, recipes and photos when I have the time to use them, but there is no way to make them easy to find when I come back to that issue. Also, bookmarks, so that if I want to read two different issues at the same time, I can track where I left off. If yhese features do exist, they are too hard to find when reading. These exist in very usable formats on other subscriptions I have, so, I know they are doable. Otherwise, glad to, have you on my Ipad.
- Hearst Communications, Inc.
- 68.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Good Housekeeping is published by Hearst Magazines Division, Hearst Communications, Inc. © 2018. Good Housekeeping is a registered trademark of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Good Housekeeping Magazine $1.99
- Good Housekeeping Magazine $19.99
- GoodHousekeep-Magazine-April 2013 $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.