Good Stopwatch is the simple, beautiful, and reliable stopwatch app that's designed to look right at home on your Mac. If you want a countdown timer instead of a stopwatch then see the companion app Good Timer.
• The window is resizable and the layout looks great at any size
• Controls disappear out of the way when you don't need them and then reappear when you move your pointer over the window
• Keyboard controls: 'S' to start or stop, and 'R' to reset
• Full screen mode, and you can click the background to hide the controls and pointer and use the keyboard controls for a completely clean look suitable for presenting to other people
• Choose whether the smallest time unit shown is seconds or hundredths of a second
• An option to make the window float on top of other windows so it's always visible
• When the window is minimized the thumbnail icon in your Dock continues to update every second
• Create as many windows as you like to time multiple things simultaneously
If you have any problems, questions, bug reports, or feature requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I aim to answer all support emails in one working day or less.
• Fixed the app asking you to review it too often on macOS Mojave.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I needed.
Works simply and effectively. I like as it is.
Great stopwatch, but missing always on top feature. Also, I wouldn’t mind paying more for a timer feature either. It’s kind of annoying to have to use 2 different apps, one for a stopwatch and one for a timer.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the review. There is actually an 'always on top' feature. It's called 'Float on Top' and it's in the 'Window' menu (it's called that to match what Apple calls that feature in their apps).
Good Stopwatch, one advice
Overall a good stopwathc add-on with minimalist design.
From my point of view, there is an advice from usability aspect that I think can make this stopwatch even better: aligning start button with the stop button that follows, and at the same time eliminating the lag between them will allow people to count time in short length, to be specific, within 1s.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I decided to make the Start and Stop buttons show separately to make it extremely simple to see what was happening and what could be done at any point, but I appreciate that it makes it difficult to time very short intervals by clicking the buttons.
You might be interested in the keyboard control option, though. You can press the 'S' key on your keyboard to start and stop the stopwatch and it works immediately so you can time very short intervals that way. I hope that helps, and thanks again!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.