goodEar Pro - Ear Training
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
>>>>> EAR TRAINING FOR BEGINNERS TO PROS <<<<<
Professional musicians know, that having a good trained ear is one of the most important skills, a musician should have. goodEar was made to increase those skills and bring you on a new musical level!
It is made for all musicians, whether you are beginner or professional.
• Choose from four different modes: intervals, chords, scales, melodies
• Choose from all intervals between 2 octaves
• Activate "backing chord" to hear the interval in harmonic context
• Play them ascending, descending, or simultaneously
• All possible triads and inversions
• All possible 4-note-chords (e.g. Cm7)
• 20 different extended/altered chords (e.g. D7b9b13 or Emaj7#11)
• 38 different scales
• All ionian scales (e.g. ionian, dorian...)
• All harmonic-minor scales (e.g. Ionian #5)
• All melodic-minor scales (e.g. Mixo #11)
• 5 Pentatonic Scales (e.g. minor pentatonic)
• 5 Hexatonic Scales (e.g. whole tone scale)
• 7 Octatonic Scales (e.g. Bebop Dominant)
• play them ascending or descending
• Identify random generated melodies
• You can make them diatonic, or non diatonic
• Choose the intervals, that you want to be included in the melody
• Activate "backing chord" to hear the melody in harmonic context
• Create your own exercises, depending on your personal approach. (No annoying wizards)!
• Play the exercises on piano or give the answer with multiple-choice
• Watch your progress in statistics
• Make highscores, and try to challenge yourself
goodEar was made with the knowledge of various professional musicians and teachers, for giving you high quality music education on the iPad.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Fixed problem with user interface
- The answer buttons will now ONLY reorder, when there are more than 8 answers.
- Melody mode has now up to 11 tones
- Many fixes
Needs More Control Within The App, Please.
I just purchased this. I love it. But one thing that bothers me is that after I complete one melody, the app immediately JUMPS to the next melody. I would like to spend some more time with the melody that I am on before jumping to the next one. I do not even have one second of a chance to see the intervals, or notes, whatever, and figure out what I did wrong. I do not see any way of controlling this in the app. I feel that once I'm inside the app there is some limitation on how much control I have. It kind of makes me feel as if I am blind (let alone ear deaf LOL). One good thing is that there are many different types of exercises. I really love this app, and I've only used it for less than five minutes! I will keep trying it out and see if I can learn to compensate for this Speedy Gonzales app. So, for now I am giving the app three stars. I will re-evaluate and upgrade if I change my mind or if the app is improved. Any help is greatly appreciated, and THANK YOU for this wonderful app.
Best ear training app.
I usually don't write reviews but this app is so good that I had to make an exception.
I am a professional musician and I believe that ear training is a muscle that you need to keep stretching just like practicing your instrument.
I have been looking for an ear training app for a while and couldn't find one that I like until I found this one.
You can figure out your weaknesses and customize the excise to your needs. I really feel an improvement after doing it for 10 minutes a day for two weeks. Highly recommended!
Great app with incredible potential
I'm giving this app 5 stars because all I really need is help with advanced jazz chord recognition, in this does this perfectly. Plus the app has great potential and deserves support.
However, I do have some suggestions as to how to make this app even more powerful. Developers need to:
- in "intervals" add the option of compound intervals, larger than an octave
- in "scales" add modes from the melodic minor scale
- in "scales" add the option to make fully customizable scales, probably by specifying a sequence of intervals eg the altered scale would be
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 21, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Siegfried Koester
- © Siegfried Köster
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.