>>>>> EAR TRAINING FOR BEGINNERS TO PROS <<<<<
Professional musicians know, that having a good trained ear is one of the most important skills, a musician should have. goodEar was made to increase those skills and bring you on a new musical level!
It is made for all musicians, whether you are beginner or professional.
• Choose from four different modes: intervals, chords, scales, melodies
• Choose from all intervals between 2 octaves
• Activate "backing chord" to hear the interval in harmonic context
• Play them ascending, descending, or simultaneously
• All possible triads and inversions
• All possible 4-note-chords (e.g. Cm7)
• 20 different extended/altered chords (e.g. D7b9b13 or Emaj7#11)
• 38 different scales
• All ionian scales (e.g. ionian, dorian...)
• All harmonic-minor scales (e.g. Ionian #5)
• All melodic-minor scales (e.g. Mixo #11)
• 5 Pentatonic Scales (e.g. minor pentatonic)
• 5 Hexatonic Scales (e.g. whole tone scale)
• 7 Octatonic Scales (e.g. Bebop Dominant)
• play them ascending or descending
• Identify random generated melodies
• You can make them diatonic, or non diatonic
• Choose the intervals, that you want to be included in the melody
• Activate "backing chord" to hear the melody in harmonic context
• Create your own exercises, depending on your personal approach. (No annoying wizards)!
• Play the exercises on piano or give the answer with multiple-choice
• Watch your progress in statistics
• Make highscores, and try to challenge yourself
goodEar was made with the knowledge of various professional musicians and teachers, for giving you high quality music education on the iPad.
Minor fixes and performance improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
Get it, it is excellent
This is a great, simple to use app. If you use this 15-20 minutes a day you will see a vast improvement in your ear training skills. I use it on my walks. Easily customizable , many options... use all of them. You can make it very simple or very complex, so it can "grow" with your development. The only thing I would want them to add would be the Harmonic Major Scale. This would be a tremendous tool for anyone in their first two semesters of college ear training.
Seriously a Must Have!
If you are a musician..... get this app! I've been searching for an app that: engaged me enough to keep my attention, is user friendly and has a smooth interface, has all the scales and chords and intervals this brain can handle... I think😏.... This app has everything except..... backing tracks.... maybe one day....
Great app for learning to hear chords and intervals
Highly recommended. I started using this in button mode and gradually shifted to keyboard mode as my ears improved. I love being able to specify what intervals or chords I’m working on.
Some minor items for my wish list:
1. Improve statistics by showing me percentages for specific chords /intervals so I get a sense of where I’m doing well and where I’m doing poorly.
2. Add a progressive difficulty option that tracks where I’m struggling and shifts the focus to those chords/intervals.
3z. Add an option to play the chord after playing the arpeggio.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.