By Time Base Technology Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
GoodNotes lets you take beautiful handwritten notes and annotate PDF documents. The handwritten notes are searchable and are created using a pioneering vector ink engine. Thanks to iCloud sync, your documents in GoodNotes will synchronize between your iPad and iPhone automatically.
## Make Your Handwritten Notes Last Forever ##
GoodNotes features a state-of-the-art digital ink technology that will look great even with future super-high resolution displays.
## OCR: Search Handwritten Notes ##
Just type in the search box what you're looking for and then tap Search.
## Better Than Paper Notebooks ##
Type with the keyboard, insert images, or draw perfect shapes easily; mix between any kind of papers or even insert PDF docs inside a notebook; rearrange or delete pages as you like. It is very flexible.
## Annotate PDF Documents; Fill and Sign Forms ##
Great for saving time, paper, and the environment. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files are supported too.
## Large Collection of Beautiful Covers and Papers ##
Each template is carefully designed in vector format. There are lined papers, graph papers, music papers, and lots of notebook covers to choose from. Add your own template with an image or a PDF file.
## GoodNotes Does Not Slow You Down ##
Thanks to the powerful zoom window feature, you can write quickly with your fingers or with a stylus in a large area, and your handwriting will be shrunk automatically.
## Just Write Them Down and Don’t Worry ##
You can correct any mistake any time and it won’t become messy. The lasso tool will let you move things around or even resize them.
## Protect Your Valuable Data ##
GoodNotes features a trash function to protect from accidental deletion. It can also backup your data to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or SkyDrive automatically.
## GoodNotes is Also a Digital Whiteboard ##
Your audience will not see the user interface — just the content — and you can choose which part of the page to show them. Many teachers and lecturers are already using GoodNotes to teach.
The screenshots use material from Wikipedia articles Photoelectric effect and Internal combustion engine, which are released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.
What's New in Version 4.12.10
GoodNotes is now supported on the iPhone X.
it is really amazing and wonderful. I really prefer it over other apps. I have tried lots of apps and compared them but this one is amazing. But I hope the developer considers some shortcomings.
1. when i select a shape or a writing and try to resize it, it expands from the center!!! it is really annoying because in 99% of the times we need to resize our shapes or writing just in 0NE direction. e. g. when I have a line in my note and want to expand it just to the other side at the paper, it expands to the both sides and I have to drag and replace my line again.
2. when i select a shape or handwriting and change its color, there is no option to change its thickness!!! when I resize my handwriting it goes very thin and I have to write it again because most of the times i don't want my writing that thin! i think these two options are essential for a superior app like this. I really appreciate if these options are included in the next updates,
Great for more than just taking notes!
For potential app users,
I am a college student and I love this app!!! Definitely worth buying. It has a lot of great features like different line colors, varying thickness, you can move sections of notes if you need to, copy sections of notes to paste somewhere else, and much more. Works great with an Apple Pencil (and apparently other smart stylus).
I love using this app for more than just taking notes in class! I use it for scratch paper to do online homework and, for some classes, my written homework. Since I have all my files backed up on Google Drive (and you can link to other online storages), I can print it anywhere! I also do practice tests on this app because you can export PDF’s directly into the app.
For the developers,
Here are a couple of features I’d love to see on future updates:
1. A rotate capability whenever I select pictures, text, or annotations. It’s a little frustrating that I can only rotate when I first paste a picture into my notes. I would especially love to draw squares then be able to rotate them.
2. Improve the writing experience. This is a feature I don’t use often because when I do type, I usually want to consistently type and this app is just not set up to do that well. I just opt to use Word instead when I want to type out my notes for class.
I love this app, but there are two big flaws
I will gladly rate this app 5 stars once these things are addressed.
1. Collaborative notebooks. I want to be able to keep a notebook of design ideas that both my sister and I can add to on our respective devices that will sync whenever updated. Additionally, a notification for when someone adds to your notebook.
2. Improve pencil/typing toggling, and typing interaction with lined paper. I use an apple pencil mainly, but it would be great if I could quickly toggle back and forth, like type a paragraph and immediately draw a diagram next to it. Currently the text feature is awkward with having to draw a text box out. Just make the whole page a potential text box and allow placement of a cursor for typing wherever. Have a toggle switch. I can’t keep up in class with trying to do both, so I have to just hand write everything. Additionally, on lined paper, maybe have a “snap to line” feature, where the text will space itself on the layout of the paper. It’s tough to guess which size font will line up the best, and it still never does... unless I’m missing something (which is possible).
Overall though, I love this app and use it often. With a few improvements I will happily recommend this to anyone who asks. Keep up the good work!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 03, 2017
- Version: 4.12.10
- Size: 199 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Time Base Technology Limited
- © 2011-2016 Time Base Technology Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.