Take handwritten notes in digital, multi-media notebooks or annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents. All notes are searchable and you'll never have to worry about losing or misplacing them again. GoodNotes lets you organize all your formerly paper-based information in a single place.
AS NATURAL AS WRITING ON PAPER
Create and write in digital notebooks or import documents, images, websites, emails and more. Use one of many supported styluses (Apple Pencil included) or your finger to write like on real paper. GoodNotes' pioneering vector ink engine provides a fluent, precise and completely natural writing experience.
ALWAYS FIND WHAT YOU WROTE
Everything is indexed. Search your handwritten notes, typed- or PDF text across all documents. Quickly find the right documents and folders and open them from the search results. The same powerful OCR technology also lets you convert handwriting to typed text to export it to other apps or create text boxes in GoodNotes.
ALL YOUR NOTES WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
Sync your notebooks across all your iOS devices using iCloud.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES
* Unlimited Undo & Redo
* Powerful and smart eraser
* Lasso tool to rearrange, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
CUSTOMIZE YOUR NOTEBOOKS
GoodNotes comes with a large set of beautiful covers and paper templates. Included are: Essential papers in common standardized sizes, meeting templates, device-specific papers, monthly & weekly planners, Cornell note paper, legal pad paper, dark paper, checklists and more.
Need more personalization? You can import any image or PDF into the template library to reuse it over and over again.
EFFORTLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Group documents and notebooks in folders
* Create shortcuts to important folders, notebooks or single pages with one tap
* Search across all notes to find what you‘re looking for
ALMOST MAGICAL DRAG & DROP SUPPORT
* Drag documents into your library to save them
* Drag images to your notebooks and write on them
* Export documents from GoodNotes by dragging them to other apps
* Drag handwritten notes to text editors and convert them to typed text automatically (Depends on receiving app as well)
* Drag screenshots into GoodNotes to annotate and save them
* Learn more about all possible drag & drop interactions on our blog and website
MORE EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES THAT MAKE GOODNOTES UNIQUE
* All the tools you need for taking notes: Fountain Pen, Ball Pen, Brush Pen, Eraser & Highlighter
* Shape Tool: draw perfect shapes and lines (Color filling & Multi-Stroke Shapes are supported, too)
* Lasso Tool: Rearrange, resize, & rotate notes and images. Convert handwriting to typed text. Change the color of the pen and highlighter strokes.
* Auto-Advancing Zoom Tool: Write neatly and fluent
* Image Tool and Text tool: Comfortably add and edit images and text boxes
* QuickNotes: The fastest way to create new notes and start writing right away
* Export of whole notebooks and documents or choose to export one or more pages
* Import and annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents
* Toggle between open notebooks with one tap
* Switch between list view and thumbnail view to display your notebooks in the library
* Flexible scrolling direction (horizontal or vertical)
* Rest your hand on the screen with the built-in first-in-class palm rejection
Visit our website at goodnotes.com for more information.
- Fixed undo issues when document is closed and opened again.
- Fixed stray line issue when writing with Apple Pencil.
- Improved support for Dynamic Type and VoiceOver.
- Pen thickness can now be adjusted with 0.05mm increments.
- Minor improvements to overall stabilities.
Ratings and Reviews
Please bring these features back!
This app really does move forward in the right direction, but I was so disappointed to see that the palm rest feature and the ability to name the bookmarks are gone. I rely on these features heavily because I use this GoodNotes as my sole note taking app.
I’ve also noticed that the app will often turn pages blank if you delete some pages in an upload. When I upload PDFs or power-points, I can’t delete any of those pages without running the risk of them turning into blanks. The same occurs with pictures. I can no longer drag and drop in pictures, because they will disappear completely. The only way to avoid this is by saving the photos I’ve selected in my camera roll. Only, then do the images stay. There is a glitch when deleting pages. After about 20 or so pages, the app scrolls away from the current location and will not return to its former place. This is a bit frustrating when deleting multiple pages.
There is also a difference in lagging between the newest iPad version released in November 2018 and the version released much earlier in the year. I found it much harder to work on my 12.9 than my 10.5.
The upgrades are amazing and I would like to see a voice recording function. A drag and select feature for deleting or exporting, or the ability to be able to delete/export by page numbers like you would for printing from a computer. These would be cool, but I’d MUCH rather have these problems fixed before adding new features.
Love GoodNotes4... GoodNotes5 has major issues UPDATE
I am going up from 1 star to 3...guys HELP! After reading your blog I now understand how to import multiple documents. It’s complicated but I can do it. That is why you get 2 Morse stars. I loved (and still love) GoodNotes4 I have my whole office using Goodnotes4. The handwriting is smooth, the search feature is great, and I love how easy it is to import from apps like Dropbox. What I do not use a lot but is so great when I do – is the wireless printing GoodNotes4 allows. These are all issues I have with GoodNotes5. Why in the H*LL did you guys drop some of the best features? And what happened with the handwriting and erasing? It is choppy. Sometimes it doesn’t fully erase or write and it jumps around on the page. . . The new multi-level folders are nice. But not worth all the other things we are giving up. Is it that you guys just rusted the app to get it out? How sad because your previous app was almost perfect. I mean I HATE apple as a rule but got the new ipad pro specifically to work with your GoodNotes4 – that is how good it is. I would give that app 5+ stars and I tell everyone I know to use it. When you announced the release of 5 and that 4 was a legacy app that would not be going forward indefinitely I got 5 so that I would not worry about it going forward. Now I don’t know what to tell people. Get 4 but it may become obsolete in favor of 5 which is total horses#!*? Guys, come on. PLEASE FIX THIS!
Good notes 4 performs better than Good notes 5
I am writing this review to help the developers and potential buyers. First I’m providing this review in March 2019. Things may change later so if you are reading this review you should keep the date and version number in mind. 5.0.20.
We are a large builder which use Blue beam, Procore, “go to meeting” and other related industry software. We found that Good notes 4 was simply the best vehicle for note taking and plan markups available. It truly was a “five star app”. We could be on a “go to meeting” with 15 consultants on a conference call and annotate plans instantly. (What I mean is hand write changes on the pdf plans to give direction. Not edit DWG drawings.) It was fast easy and simple. Superior to other products out there, even the industry specific ones.
Now, with Good notes 5 the layout and folder structure have been improved. But, there is a big problem. If we open a set of plans and try to zoom in, the plans pixelate. Plus take an in ordinate amount of time to gain focus. Thus, most of us have stopped using this program. I have Good notes 4 and have gone back to it. I. Don’t know. If the developer is aware or working on a fix but it was a great program. If the developer is aware hope you can fix. I will check the App Store for updates. Will mark as 2.5 stars and revise rating if able to remedy problem. Good luck.
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 336.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Time Base Technology Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.